“Superb Hotel”

Hampton Inn West Springfield
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I travel every week and always stay at Hampton Inns. This is one of the nicest, if not the nicest, that I have stayed at. It was immaculately clean. The staff- front desk and manager- were so polite, helpful and friendly. My room was exactly what I requested. I used the business center and it was fully equipped. The snack in the evening was delicious. My compliments to all the management and employees at this Hampton Inn. They do a great job!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 21, 2010

If you enjoy a friendly and professional hotelstaff, clean & comfortable rooms and a great location look no further. I brought my team here while competing with AIC and know that we will return again each year. Special recognition to Bill and Megan for all of their efforts.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2010

We were making the rounds of colleges in MA, and stayed here at the end of our week. They had a friendly staff, great breakfast, comfortable room. We walked across the street to an area with numerous places to eat. I used the business center to check email because no one in our family carts around a laptop. That was super convenient and not all places have them. We also used the coin operated laundry (small but did the job), as we traveled light to avoid paying extra baggage fees ( we had a complicated itinerary -6 flights, 3 different airlines, 1 week....) The only downside was that I think this room might have been a smoking room at some point. It smelled a little funky, and when you took a shower, the odor was really bad.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2009

The hotel is very conveniently located near the intersection of I-90 (the Mass Pike) and I-91 however you can not see the roads and there isn't any noise. Big plus to have such a convenient location, easy to find, very quiet.

The hotel has ample parking. While you should always remember to remove GPS systems from the dashboard, this hotel isn't afraid to remind guests. I thought that was nice. Wonderful friendly staff, they really go out of their way for guest service. Complimentary fresh hot coffee and tea is available 24 hours a day and they even do fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the evening. Talk about the wow factor.

The hotel is newly renovated and everything is very crisp and very clean. Rooms have all the modern amenities from a nice big high quality flat screen TV (I don't know whether it was high def but I assume it was) to wireless *and* hard-wire internet. Bathroom amenities include mouthwash (that is a nice bonus - some fancy high-end hotels don't provide as much as the Hampton Inn provides). Hard wire and wireless internet and a business center for those few who still don't have their own laptop. They've really thought of everything and then some.

Restaurants and shopping is conveniently located nearby. The free breakfast is among the nicest I've seen. Bottom line is very friendly staff they go the extra mile, great location, clean, quiet, safe, lots of added bonuses (not just the basics) *AND* Hilton HHonors (points and frequent flyer miles). Yep - I'm a fan! This place rocks!

Now why can't all hotels be this awesome? I guess that is a rhetorical question.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoreFFmiles
Reviewed October 16, 2009

My son had an operation so I went to take care of him. (He doesn't live in MA). We stayed 5 days. The staff was wonderful - professional, kind, friendly.
The breakfast & dinners cannot be beat! Restaurants will deliver to the hotel.
THe beds were incredible. Hard to wake up in the morning. Our room was VERY clean. Wish the room was a little larger, but I would trade that for clean any day. It was very clean. The mattresses must have been new. Enough towels & soft.
Located near everything. Any kind of restaurant you can name. Movie Theatre right down the street. The mall is about 5 miles away. However the hotel is located in "strip" mall. The lobby is inviting & comfortable. The only problem we had was with the TV. They fixed it. This is my favorite hotel in the Springfield area.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I visit this area 5-6 times a year to see my family and stay at this Hampton Inn. The staff is always friendly. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. On this particular day the front desk clerk mentioned it was their complimentary pizza night. What a nice thing to do for guests. I didn't join in because I had dinner plans. The breakfast has an excellent and extensive variety including eggs and sausage. It is the BEST hotel along busy Riverdale Road in West Springfield. Trust me, I used to live in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2009

It was our wedding anniversary in addition to a family get together in Mass. Wanted to find a nice quality hotel. Sorry to say that for $150, we were VERY dissapointed. The Hampton Inn is not worth the money. The only impressive area in the entrance where you check in. The entrance was very impressive and the desk clerk was extremely accommodating and polite. I felt we hit it right and we're in for a treat.

Unfortunately, not the case! The pool water was very cloudy, we would not go in (one of the reasons I booked the room was for the pool). The room smelled old, no fresh air. We couldn't work the roman shade on the window and called for help from an employee in the halll, he came in to assist but could hardly understand what we were asking... a disturbing typical scene in most hotels these days.. upon closer interaction, he was kind of creepy looking and acting, causing us to feel uncomfortable.

The mattress and pillows were HARD and we did not sleep well after an exhausting day. (When we were in Gettysburg, Penn. we stayed at a Comfort Inn for $80 and had a wonderful nice sleep with a cozy feeling mattress and nice big soft pillows, looked like they used Pottery Barn sheets) UNLIKE the Hampton Inn, sheets felt scratchy and cheap. We were placed near an entrance door, so we heard people coming in and out all night long because the door creaked loudly when opened or shut as well as loud conversations. Unbelievable - the bathroom had NO vent. This place is on a main road and we could hear the traffic. There isn't anything tranquil about it. In summary, the room gave us the heebie jeebies...

Remember, I paid $150!!!! Not the right quality for the money paid. VERY DISAPPOINTING. RIP OFF. Hope this review helps someone else.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Hampton Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!