“Clean and comfortable”

Hampton Inn West Springfield
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I visit this area 5-6 times a year to see my family and stay at this Hampton Inn. The staff is always friendly. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. On this particular day the front desk clerk mentioned it was their complimentary pizza night. What a nice thing to do for guests. I didn't join in because I had dinner plans. The breakfast has an excellent and extensive variety including eggs and sausage. It is the BEST hotel along busy Riverdale Road in West Springfield. Trust me, I used to live in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 10, 2009

It was our wedding anniversary in addition to a family get together in Mass. Wanted to find a nice quality hotel. Sorry to say that for $150, we were VERY dissapointed. The Hampton Inn is not worth the money. The only impressive area in the entrance where you check in. The entrance was very impressive and the desk clerk was extremely accommodating and polite. I felt we hit it right and we're in for a treat.

Unfortunately, not the case! The pool water was very cloudy, we would not go in (one of the reasons I booked the room was for the pool). The room smelled old, no fresh air. We couldn't work the roman shade on the window and called for help from an employee in the halll, he came in to assist but could hardly understand what we were asking... a disturbing typical scene in most hotels these days.. upon closer interaction, he was kind of creepy looking and acting, causing us to feel uncomfortable.

The mattress and pillows were HARD and we did not sleep well after an exhausting day. (When we were in Gettysburg, Penn. we stayed at a Comfort Inn for $80 and had a wonderful nice sleep with a cozy feeling mattress and nice big soft pillows, looked like they used Pottery Barn sheets) UNLIKE the Hampton Inn, sheets felt scratchy and cheap. We were placed near an entrance door, so we heard people coming in and out all night long because the door creaked loudly when opened or shut as well as loud conversations. Unbelievable - the bathroom had NO vent. This place is on a main road and we could hear the traffic. There isn't anything tranquil about it. In summary, the room gave us the heebie jeebies...

Remember, I paid $150!!!! Not the right quality for the money paid. VERY DISAPPOINTING. RIP OFF. Hope this review helps someone else.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fawn761
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Thank you for taking such good care of me during my stay. your friendly and helpful attitude made me feel at home. All of the staff were efficient and helpful. I will stay here again if I ever get out this way.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I stayed here two nights on a business trip. The room was a large, clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet was good.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2009

We stopped at this hotel as a halfway spot and choose it because we found a coupon in one of those magazines you get on the Thruway. The hotel was recently renovated and it is lovely. Our room was so nice it really was lovely.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2009

We stayed at this hotel with friends for a weekend trip to attend an event at the Eastern States Exposition. We chose it for its location and were very happy with that. The hotel itself is located in the middle of shops and restaurants, all within walking distance which we prefer. We were happy with our rooms, king bed suites with a couch, minifrig, microwave and wireless internet. The room was on the small side, but perfect for our purpose. We were impressed with how little sound we heard from the hall and other rooms, especially with a sports team staying on the same floor. The complimentary breakfast was the usual Hampton fare and we still hope they will implement more whole grains into the muffins and other bread type offerings in the future. We especially enjoyed drinking coffee in the couch/chair seating area by the gas fireplace on Saturday morning in the sunroom.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2008

This was a five college parents' weekend, and we thought there were no rooms at the Hampton Inn. OMG, first we went to the "Clarion Inn", but I need to tell you not only was that dated, weird, in fact spooky--the name Clarion was no where to be found on it! Some business cards and a flag, but NO WHERE else, not on the wall, in the carpet, not anywhere. I think they lost their franchise. Then we went to the Candlewood, OMG the awful smell--my throat closed up, my eyes swelled shut--and the place looked like a prison--thank god we called the Hampton Inn even tho we were told weeks ago they were filled. Yay! a room! Reliable, clean, good chow, nice people, fabulous. I don't know what's up with w springfield, but the other hotels were sure awful. Hampton was great!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Residence Inn West Springfield
Residence Inn West Springfield
#7 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
1 mi away
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Hampton Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!