“Thanks for a great trip!”

Hampton Inn West Springfield
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Boston
“Thanks for a great trip!”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn West Springfield this past weekend. Our room was great- Small, but comfortable and clean. Awesome location. Sarah at the front desk was particularly helpful when we had a flat tire and had to arrange to leave our keys. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dansquared

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Saint Albans, Vermont
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel a month ago and it was OK, but this time was a severe letdown. The first room they checked us into smelled like a train station if you catch my drift or whiff. So they moved us to a room right next to the noisy elevator. The next day, I was sitting in my room, luckily fully clothed, when a nice elderly couple entered the room. They had been given my key and room by the front desk to check into. Slightly peeved, I called downstairs, and they didn't apologize but just said it was a front desk error. They should at least have offerred me some free booze to overcome the shock to my system.Then when I left the room,and tried to get back in, my key didn't work. They changed the code without bothering to let me know. I shudder to think how this would have gone off if my husband and I had been involved in a marital activity when the room was entered or if I hadn't been in there and the nice couple decided to go shopping in my room.
We had asked for late check-out when we arrived, and they typed something in the computer saying it was all set. We're leaving today and I made sure to check at the desk that they were aware. Of course they weren't and the girl told me there's nowhere they could have documented this in the computer on check-in. So who knows what they were really typing. All in all. a bush league operation, and there may be an update to this report if anything else occurs before I leave.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank PLUMBO
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed here during business trip. No frills (it is a Hampton), but very clean and nice hotel for a business stay. Room was a little small, but clean with everything you need. Plentiful restaurants and shopping nearby. Solid hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank xsjmjx
Westbury, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in W. Springfield while participating in a Lacrosse Tournament at UMass. Beds were comfortable and rooms quiet. We had dinner next door which was very convenient. Staff was very pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was good. I enjoyed the waffles. The pool was small with a fence around it. There were a lot of young boys swimming and having a great time. I saw another group barbecuing and using the picnic area. I would recommend this hotel for a quick stay.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LIMOM220
Scotland,Ontario
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We found our stay to be such a nice experience from beginning to end...the reception desk lady (Charlea?) could not have been more helpful and personable and the room was a treat to walk into especially after a long hot day on the road. We will definitely look for the Hampton Inn sign whenever we need to stop for the night in our travels

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 5, 2011

we just wanted to say that this is the second year that we have stayed at the Hampton for our district convetion and wil continue to return each year.

The room was clean and comfortable, the bed was great.

Staff was courtious, helpful, patient, just everything. (not a fake review)

a very inviting atmosphere, everything you include in the room is just what we need, thank you very much. "We loved it and we'll be back"

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank jimlis40
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Great room, TV reception, clean, friendly place, business centre, good WiFi, different hot breakfast menu daily, a bit better than most.

This hotel is located next to a shopping centre, but very quiet, Riverdale Plaza. We walked to two restaurants during our stay, (Carreba's -Italian- was excellent). Paul, the owner of Carreba's, started chatting to us for a while, when we told him the place was recommended by two people and (as we were from Australia) later came over with a free sample dessert for us to try! I'd like to think he does that for all australians, but I suspect it was because we were with a regular!

We decided to stay an extra night, as we felt so comfortable in the hotel. This was a four night stay. Very good reception staff and a wonderful lounge area off the lobby. It started to rain on our third night and we watched the rain hit the glass roofed atrium in the lounge and slide down the walls........it was a great feeling, snug inside and all the rain falling down outside. Try to avoid the far end of the rear car park, (tar on shoes)!

Don't forget to visit the Gun Armoury, Armoury Rd, Springfield.

Room Tip: Rm 111 near the reception was noisy @ breakfastime