“Do not stay here, even if your funds are low. Awfull”

Quality Inn West Springfield
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Do not stay here, even if your funds are low. Awfull”
Reviewed September 14, 2007

We stayed here one night and I am glad it was just one night. The rooms were humid and dirty and the staff was unattentive and just rude. The place needs a serious upgrade and I felt as if I would be robbed in the lobby. It was the cheapest place around the area but I think we could have paid a bit more t be safe and clean. The bathrooms were nasty and full of hair in the tub. I have to say I have stayed in motels that were better than this and cheaper. I would stay away, stay far away. It is a awfull experience and one you wont get over soon after.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lip89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
buffalo, ny
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We stayed here on our way to Maine. Should have booked the Hampton
like the others said. We had to change room s 2 x's as cleaning staff
doesn't seem to understand that you HAVE TO GET THE HAIR OUT OF THE
BATHROOM FROM THE PREVIOUS GUESTS! Pool was so cloudy you couldn't see the
lower half of your body. Pool bathroom had urine and feces all over the
toilet seat. Also, had various clumps of hair scattered around the pool
that my two-year-old son kept yelling 'eeeeeuuuwwww!' The ad in the
travel book said newly remodeled. Looks like they put a few new lamps in
and called it remodeld. Oh, and let's not forget the giant yellow stain on
the bedspread.
> We should have known better when the sign in the urine smelling lobby
area said "We have a GPS theft problem at this hotel, do not leave any
electronic devices in your vehicle"! Wonderful....

• Stayed July 2007
1 Thank ellen72

Travelers are raving about these West Springfield hotels

Boston, MA
Reviewed May 2, 2007

I stayed one night at this hotel. To be honest, I have been to worse hotels but one thing I notice was a moldy, musty smell to the room. The hotel seem to give me the impression that the cleaning is very minimum. You could find dirt spots on the elevators and floor. Also they should pay more attention on carpet cleaning on a regular basis. I did not dare use the comforter and slept with the sheets off. I recommend that you avoid this hotel if you can and find a better hotel in area. There are many around.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Trumbull, CT
Reviewed April 23, 2007

but only for a night stay. Don't do a week here. We used this as a pit stop after Six Flags. We had never stayed in a Quality Inn and this company (Choice Hotels) is buying up a bunch of hotels in the region.

The Good: all smoke free rooms after May 1, new carpets, clean for the most part, okay continental breakfast (muffins and such are fresh, coffee, juice, waffle machine), cheap price, small indoor pool that looked clean, nice desk staff, right off highway.

The Bad and the Ugly: Musty smelling (did not get all the smoke smell out of the rooms), bathroom not the cleanest - sink broken, hole in door where hotel rates and rules are usually published (you know - where the fire exits are, taxes, etc.), towels up so high most people would need a chair to reach them (I'm 5'7" and barely reached them), restaurant flier on desk dirty, cleaning people kept bothering us in the am (are you leaving?) - there is no do not disturb sign.

• Liked — Nice desk staff, decent breakfast, good location
  • Disliked — Not the cleanest place, musty
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Oxford, England
Reviewed October 28, 2006

Only stayed here as it was next to the interstate and easy for us to break a long journey and relatively cheap. This is a very tired hotel, room was clean but carpets were stained and I was very glad we were only here for 1 night. Staff were helpful, ensured we had a quiet room and recommended some good restauarants. Continental breakfast included in price was very average. I would not recommend staying here unless you are in extremis.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed August 4, 2006

This hotel is run-down, worn-out and FILTHY! The carpet in our room hadn't been vacuumed by housekeeping before our arrival as there were bits of paper and plastic tags from clothing on the floor, the floor in the bathroom was dirty. I dropped something on the floor and when I bent down to get it I unfortunately got a good look at the floor behind the toilet - I doubt it had been cleaned in the past year, lots of dust/caked on dirt and a dead bug of some sort. There were mold and mildew stains on the sides of the toilet, which by the way, ran forever after it had been flushed. The edge of the carpeting had come unglued and hadn't been fixed, the ironing board cover had seen better days and there was a huge hole in one of the blankets on the bed. Also, even though our a/c was on max, the room wasn't even cool, the air blowing out of the unit was only slightly cool and we were there during 104 degree heat - not very comfortable. Even though we were exhausted, we spent the evening out shopping and visiting so we wouldn't have to hang out in our room and left an hour before we had planned to in the morning just so we could get out of there. Being on the road at 5 a.m. was a more attractive alternative than sleeping in that room. The Hampton Inn is just down the street, we visited my sister and her family there during the evening, and it was clean and much nicer - do yourself a favour and book the Hampton instead of the "Quality" Inn.

1 Thank cookiecarol
Southern Maine
Reviewed November 19, 2005

We stayed at this hotel only because we were with a hockey team and needed a block of rooms.

Check in was uneventful. The requested rollway cot was not in the room, but housekeeping had one there within five minutes of our phone call.

The room was shabby and depressing. The carpet is worn to threads and the bathroom counters have very heavy worn spots. There is no attempt at "decorating", not even a stock landscape over the bed. The ironing board and hairdryer we noticed in other rooms was missing in ours. The TV guide was a month old. I was reminded of a dorm room. My general impression was that this hotel needs to be gutted and redone.

As far as cleanliness goes, we did not encounter any insects, but we were on the fifth floor. It would not have surprised me if we had seen a few. Our room and bath were as clean as they were going to get under the circumstances. Linens and towels were fine. Others from our team were not so lucky and described their bathrooms as being gross. I was amused that the mold/mildew in the grout around the tub was covered over with white spray paint. The ice machine was pretty disgusting. I wouldn't eat the ice from that machine.

We did not use the pool area as the water was an interesting shade of green. Perhaps more troubling was the heavy fog in the pool area that smelled heavily of chlorine. Given the marginally acceptable level of cleanliness for the rest of the property, it wasn't worth the risk.

The staff was less than friendly when it was discovered that the conference room we had reserved was double booked. They had no record of the reservation as it was made over the phone.

All in all, it worked for this weekend as we were travelling with fifteen 10 and 11 year old boys and their families. There was nothing we could do to hurt anything at the Quality Inn- it had already been worn out pretty good. I'd try to stay elsewhere another time, but I got the impression from the area that none of them are too great. Not a place for a desination vacation!

• Stayed November 2005