Quality Inn West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites(West Springfield)
$107
$84
ClarionHotels
$142
Hampton.com
Candlewood Suites(West Springfield)
$114
Red Carpet Inn West Springfield(West Springfield)(Great Value!)
$80
Residence Inn West Springfield(West Springfield)
$219
$169
Residence Inn
$91
BestWestern.com
$98
Hotels.com
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield(West Springfield)(Great Value!)
$80
Travelocity
Travelodge West Springfield(West Springfield)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnice roomwafflesking roombusiness centerthe breakfast areabig emohammedflawsmicrowavehall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2006

This hotel is run-down, worn-out and FILTHY! The carpet in our room hadn't been vacuumed by housekeeping before our arrival as there were bits of paper and plastic tags from clothing on the floor, the floor in the bathroom was dirty. I dropped something on the floor and when I bent down to get it I unfortunately got a good look at the floor behind the toilet - I doubt it had been cleaned in the past year, lots of dust/caked on dirt and a dead bug of some sort. There were mold and mildew stains on the sides of the toilet, which by the way, ran forever after it had been flushed. The edge of the carpeting had come unglued and hadn't been fixed, the ironing board cover had seen better days and there was a huge hole in one of the blankets on the bed. Also, even though our a/c was on max, the room wasn't even cool, the air blowing out of the unit was only slightly cool and we were there during 104 degree heat - not very comfortable. Even though we were exhausted, we spent the evening out shopping and visiting so we wouldn't have to hang out in our room and left an hour before we had planned to in the morning just so we could get out of there. Being on the road at 5 a.m. was a more attractive alternative than sleeping in that room. The Hampton Inn is just down the street, we visited my sister and her family there during the evening, and it was clean and much nicer - do yourself a favour and book the Hampton instead of the "Quality" Inn.

1  Thank cookiecarol
Reviewed November 19, 2005

We stayed at this hotel only because we were with a hockey team and needed a block of rooms.

Check in was uneventful. The requested rollway cot was not in the room, but housekeeping had one there within five minutes of our phone call.

The room was shabby and depressing. The carpet is worn to threads and the bathroom counters have very heavy worn spots. There is no attempt at "decorating", not even a stock landscape over the bed. The ironing board and hairdryer we noticed in other rooms was missing in ours. The TV guide was a month old. I was reminded of a dorm room. My general impression was that this hotel needs to be gutted and redone.

As far as cleanliness goes, we did not encounter any insects, but we were on the fifth floor. It would not have surprised me if we had seen a few. Our room and bath were as clean as they were going to get under the circumstances. Linens and towels were fine. Others from our team were not so lucky and described their bathrooms as being gross. I was amused that the mold/mildew in the grout around the tub was covered over with white spray paint. The ice machine was pretty disgusting. I wouldn't eat the ice from that machine.

We did not use the pool area as the water was an interesting shade of green. Perhaps more troubling was the heavy fog in the pool area that smelled heavily of chlorine. Given the marginally acceptable level of cleanliness for the rest of the property, it wasn't worth the risk.

The staff was less than friendly when it was discovered that the conference room we had reserved was double booked. They had no record of the reservation as it was made over the phone.

All in all, it worked for this weekend as we were travelling with fifteen 10 and 11 year old boys and their families. There was nothing we could do to hurt anything at the Quality Inn- it had already been worn out pretty good. I'd try to stay elsewhere another time, but I got the impression from the area that none of them are too great. Not a place for a desination vacation!

• Stayed: November 2005
Reviewed July 17, 2005

WE stayed there w/ a lacrosse tournament it was DISGUSTING!!!!
The rooms are old and gross the a/c was broken the elevators were breaking . They gave us only 1 towel for a family of 4 for showers The rooms smelled . Then to top it all off the last night I wake up to a cockroach burrowing onto my eye , after I threw up we went to complain W/ the roach and the front desk only laughed . DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
There is a Hampton INN across the street. GROSS is the word

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank jeeziebell
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2005

Stayed here one night before going to Six Flags with a group of students as a break from our tour of DC/NYC/Boston. Rooms were adequate - a bit worn, but decently clean. Had no real complaints from the students. Saw the other reviews before booking and this kept me from booking two nights. Great place if you're looking for a deal - we paid $50-60 a night. Not a good choice if you're looking for high quality, new furniture and fixtures or spotlessly clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was the usual stuff. Discounted Six Flags tickets available at the frontdesk also was nice for us - $27 a ticket.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2005

We only spent 1 night here. It wasn't that bad but it wasn't the greatest. Our room was big but the rug was all stained & it had an old sofa. The toliet paper holder was falling off the wall. Everytime you flushed, the bowl would run & run. (I had to keep taking the cover off to fix it). The old wooden toliet seat had gouges in it & had been painted. We had to call maintence as 2 light bulbs were blown. We had HBO but could not "buy/rent" any movies, but they do advertise it in the room. The strange part about this was, 2 feet from our bed was the shower/hot tub (for 2) with clear sliding doors. No shower or tub in the bathroom. They advertise a free continental breakfast which consisted of coffee, english muffins, oatmeal, & apples! They had a nice indoor/outdoor pool but it was so cold in the room. It was enclosed with what looked like plexi-glass. All in all, its a place to sleep for no more than 1 night. There is a Chinese Buffet connected to the hotel. The hotel described it as Seafood Buffet. There is alot of hotels in this area & in downtown Springfield. If I was to return, for the same money (102.00) I would go elsewhere.

4  Thank mamme