“Expectations Too High???”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
PORTLAND
“Expectations Too High???”
Reviewed January 30, 2008

Booked reservation for 2 rooms / 1 night directly with hotel online. Printed confirmation reflecting $72/room per night. Billed $82/room per night despite attempts to share with check-out person - "It doesn't matter". (Well, it does matter...)

Checked in at midnight - rooms were frigid upon entrance. Adjusted temperature (ancient ventilation systems - loud and inefficient/ineffective). One room no heat / the other room - too much heat. And, LOUD!

Crashed for the night on rock hard mattresses. Linens appeared to be clean.

Neither room had working televisions/radios.

Awaken the next morning to loud housekeeper "chatter" in the hallways (yes, could hear even above the extremely loud ventilation system). Banging on doors (at 9:00 a.m. - check-out at 11:00).

Shower head for very short people. One decent bath towel - others paper thing and like sand paper. Toilet would not stop running after flushing.

Contacted hotel sales manager directly after returning home. Very nice, and apologetic, about the problems. Refunded $20 for billing error.

Very unlikely that we'll stay at the Quality Inn again. I know, I know - you're thinking: what do you expect for $72? A LOT MORE THAN WHAT WE GOT! Really, just a decent night's sleep - but we didn't even get that...

Stayed January 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Woodbury Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed November 19, 2007

My first mistake was the 'name your price' deal thru Priceline. I have never had any trouble with Hotwire choices ~ I don't think I will use Priceline again...
The Hotel ~ the only good thing I can say is that the bed was actually comfortable ~ aside from that...
The room and the entire hotel is dirty. They have a staff of 7 people to work this hotel ~ that includes the front desk and housekeeping combined.
It is NOT well maintained ~ and judging from the amount of complaints that were given at the front desk... Very few people were happy with their stay as well.
It was an overall bad location ~ dated, dirty and poorly managed.

The room next to us was Party Central ~ what a weekend....

I will NOT EVER stay there again ~ I got what I paid for and that was even too much... I would rather pay a little more and be satisfied with the hotel.

If you even read any of the reviews by fellow travelers ~ they are NOT kidding ~ this place is terrible

• Liked — The Departure
  • Disliked — The entire stay
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these West Springfield hotels

Littleton, NH
Reviewed November 4, 2007

This hotel is a great stay - not nearly as horrible as the other reviews make it out to be. The staff was friendly, the bed was comfortable, the pool was nice and everything in the room was in working order. I supervised a group of 45 students who also stayed in the hotel and not a one reported any problems or gross happenstance. It isn't the greatest hotel I've ever stayed at - I've been in many that were nicer... If you are a picky hotel go-er and can't deal with one little thing out of place...this hotel may not be for you. I did see one ant in our bathroom. There was a strand of womens hair on the seat of the chair near the desk - but if that turns you away from a hotel then you've got some problems. I'm convinced that the people who write the reviews on this website are the picky kind who can't handle one thing out of the ordinary. Like I said, great stay...but the not the nicest hotel you could choose. Great for the price...

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank mcneller
BOSTON
Reviewed October 12, 2007

Saw the hotel on the website it looked ok, about $10 less than the rest, I thought "wowsa!" and since I had stayed at many quality inns before I thought well-they are ok. But man, I had to do something I had never done before, I was even prepared to leave my money behind because I was not sleeping there.
Here are some key words and sent's that would sum it up
-dirty
-old(rooms need an upgrade)
-hold on to your wallet
-no microwave and fridge like other Q-inns
-dirty(oh yeah I said that)
-narrow
-you do not belong here, just look around
-sleep in your car
-blighted looking
-don't let the so-so lobby fool you
-Do you expect me to eat at that sushi restaurant down there?

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank sexytraveller
Massachusetts
Reviewed October 2, 2007

There were 7 of us in total and we reserved 2 rooms, one room handicapped accessible. We arrived late evening which left us no choice but to stay. Well first off the room was not handicapped accessible, I am in a wheelchair and the bathroom was not large enough to get into or move around and it was very nasty. There was pubic hairs left in the tub/shower, the sinks were not clean, ther was a bottle of cleaning agent left on the side of the tub (obviously not used by their cleaning staff or it was left for the customers to clean their own bathrooms, lol). The shelf for the towels was a foot below the ceiling (accessible for Big Foot not a wheelchair person), the toilets were lower than the standard toilets...great for toddlers. Needless to say I was unable to use the bathroom in the room. Which led me to use the the facilities downstairs near the lobby. Okay, if you thought what you just read was gross what I'm about to describe is totally disgusting. Every stall was beyond filthy they were all filled with urine or fecies and toilet paper. The toilet seats were of equal filth and human waste. Because of my desperate need to use the toilet my Aid/Companion had to wipe clean the seat as best she could (you do not want to know what was on it). I was to say the least totally revolted, disgusted, and beyond grossed out as any human could be.....Stay very, very, very, clear of this place. When I got home I called the Board of Health and lodged a formal complaint this hotel has no business staying open to the public...Stay far, far away from The Quality Inn in W. Springfield on 1150 Riverdale Street it should be closed for renovation and sanitation.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — The room, the bathroom accomadations, the whole place was disgustingly dirty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deani55
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 14, 2007

We stayed here one night and I am glad it was just one night. The rooms were humid and dirty and the staff was unattentive and just rude. The place needs a serious upgrade and I felt as if I would be robbed in the lobby. It was the cheapest place around the area but I think we could have paid a bit more t be safe and clean. The bathrooms were nasty and full of hair in the tub. I have to say I have stayed in motels that were better than this and cheaper. I would stay away, stay far away. It is a awfull experience and one you wont get over soon after.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lip89
buffalo, ny
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We stayed here on our way to Maine. Should have booked the Hampton
like the others said. We had to change room s 2 x's as cleaning staff
doesn't seem to understand that you HAVE TO GET THE HAIR OUT OF THE
BATHROOM FROM THE PREVIOUS GUESTS! Pool was so cloudy you couldn't see the
lower half of your body. Pool bathroom had urine and feces all over the
toilet seat. Also, had various clumps of hair scattered around the pool
that my two-year-old son kept yelling 'eeeeeuuuwwww!' The ad in the
travel book said newly remodeled. Looks like they put a few new lamps in
and called it remodeld. Oh, and let's not forget the giant yellow stain on
the bedspread.
> We should have known better when the sign in the urine smelling lobby
area said "We have a GPS theft problem at this hotel, do not leave any
electronic devices in your vehicle"! Wonderful....

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ellen72
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield

Been to Quality Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!