“Rudeness of Front Desk Clerk Unacceptable”

Super 8 West Springfield/Route 5
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Rudeness of Front Desk Clerk Unacceptable”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The owners of this Super 8 should fire the front desk person. She was the rudest individual we encountered on our vacation. When I check in to the hotel at 8:30 she told me just a minute while she fiddled around with a stack of papers, answered the phone (cell) the shushed another custormer when they entered to check in. She slammed the sign in sheet down in front of me (never said Welcome to Super 8, Please, or eventurally Thank you) Seemed agitated she even had to check us in. After completing above had to drive around to find a place to part near to an entrance to our room. Finally found a door and tried to open it with the slide key. After multiple attempts, my wife, who is on a walker, went to the front desk to tell the young lady the the key would not open the side door near our room. When she told the front desk clerk about the problem the clerk said "YOU JUST ARE DOING IT RIGHT!" My wife came through the hotel and to the back door and let me in. Finally after and hour we got into our room only to find out the TV would not work correctly, the commode would not flush correctly, and the room was pathetic. I went to the front desk to tell HER about the problems and was told "WELL, WERE BOOKED UP AT THAT THEY WAS NO OTHER ROOM AVAILABLE!" NO ONE WAS HERE TO FIX YOUR PROBLEMS!" We decided we would wait until morning to tell the manager, guess what SHE was the front desk person still. The breakfast was a joke, stale pastries, no bagels, no toast, syrup and butter but no frozen waffles. When my wife asked her about the waffles, SHE SAID, WE'RE OUT! This was at 7:30 am and breakfast started at 7:00. When I reminded her about the room problems at check out, she said no discounts. I advised her that if she hoped to have a future in the hotel business, she needed to learn how to smile, say sorry, please and thank you. The customer is you payday, without them then this job goes away.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else... Sleep in you car if this is the last choice.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank coachgandmrs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Gdansk, Poland
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Very nice, clean motel, simple complimentary breakfast. No safe box. Area looked safe and there is a nice shopping center close to the motel. Excellent value for 2 adults and 2 teenagers.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank senorafrog
Cortland, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed one night to break up our trip to the Cape. Didn't want to spend money so we took a chance with Super 8, and we will go back this year. Large room, nothing special, but all fine for the money...restaurants, movies, a mall and right off the highway. Wi Fi worked, breaksfast was okay at best. Keep your expectations in check and try this place if you are passing through.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed April 14, 2011

The staff is very accomodating and easy to work with. Onsite continental breakfast and free internet are real pluses! Rooms were clean and comfortable as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CPO_11
Waimea, Hawaii
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Unfortunately a few badly managed or poorly located Super 8's can effect this Hotel chain's reputation - it is nice to see that this one surpassed all of my expectaions. Safe, well located, well managed and visitor friendly, I will stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank gogators12
East Winthrop
Reviewed November 13, 2010

After reading some previous reviews I was dubious and prepared to bail out of a three-night reservation if the place turned out to be a dump. I was pleasantly surprised. It's not the Hilton or the Marriot but, hey, it's a decent place to stay at a decent price. The desk clerks (several different ones during the course of my stay) were courteous and helpful. The breakfast offerings weren't outstanding, but the price (free) was right, and their coffee dispenser which brews one cup at a time does an unusually good job...and appears to be available 24/7 for those who want a cup at odd hours. I'd definitely stay there again if heading for that area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ronkley
NHGrand
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed at this Super 8 on business during the Big E. I requested a non-smoking room, however, when I arrived, the room reeked of cigarettes. There was a cigarette burn in the bed spread and a burn mark on the side of the tub in the bathroom. When I put my things down on the chair, I realized that there was a substance (looked like sugar) that had not been vacuumed up from the previous guest. I got on my phone to find another hotel room, but because it was Big E, there wasn't one to be found and I was forced to stay. The hallways smelled atrocious -- I would never recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 6 in Enfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Super 8 West Springfield/Route 5? Share your experiences!