“cheap clean lodge”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
New York City, New York
“cheap clean lodge”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

i come into west springfield a few times a year depending on whats going on. the econo lodge is a cheap stay with no frills. the staff is nice and the location is good. it might not be a ritz carlton but its fine.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lynbrook, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2010

This was an absolute dump. I have never stayed at a worse hotel. The staff was rude to begin my stay. Then the hallways were filthy. Upon entering my room, I found the TV could not get local stations due to satelite problems. When I went to call, I found I couldn't because my phone was broken. As were the alarm clock, hair dryer, and ice machine. The security door into the building was constantly propped open with a brick. It is places like this that give lower-priced hotels a bad name. We would have changed hotels in a second; however, the entire area was booked due to the lacrosse tournament at UMass we were attending.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these West Springfield hotels

USA
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We were traveling up north Canada and I had made reservation online because of the cheap price. Room was quit old looking with no extra. Following morning, we went for breakfast, juice machine not working. I am sure they could have find some gallons of juice but it shows how much they care. If you are looking for smiling faces at the front desk, this is not the place! It's cheap and you get what you pay for ... I would stay again for price. Don't take a family or a date!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2009

In the online pictures the hotel looked lovely. Reality proved quite the opposite.
The bathroom particularly was a shock. The paint was worn right through on the toilet seat and the enamel on the tub was worn right through to the fiberglass reenforcement. The tiles on the floor were cracked and broken and rose underfoot.
In the bedroom, the spread was threadbare in places. The seats on the chairs and the carpet were stained. The wallpaper was peeling off in places...and there was a black spider on the bedlinens probably having dropped from the web above the bed.
There was no back to the tv remote control, thus the batteries kept falling out.
During the night (from 1:40 until 3:00 am) there was screaming, cursing and continuous opening and slamming of doors outside. The office did nothing even though it was just three rooms away. Earlier in the evening, (about 9:00 pm) we went down twice to the office in order to get some face cloths. Noone was there. The hotel was a total disappointment. We would have left but it was late and we were extremely tired after a 500 mile. drive.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Northeast
Reviewed June 26, 2009

If it hadn't been 11 pm we would have gone to another hotel. The staff was very nice, but the rooms were old and marginally clean. Bed was hard. Walls thin. Parking lot was a little scary. It was the cheapest hotel we could find and we got what we paid for. We checked out the next morning and went to the Quality Inn up the road for about $10 more.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed May 4, 2009

A last minute job brought me to the area without a hotel reservation. I have stayed at this Econo Lodge before so I thought I would try them again. I noticed a new face at the desk and a change in the lobby area, which lead me to believe there was new management. The tall young man at the desk was very friendly and helpful. While he did not have a room ready for me immediately, he allowed me to leave my luggage at the desk and said he would put it in my room as soon as it was ready. When I returned to the hotel, my room was all set. Granted while this is not a fancy, upscale hotel, it is well maintained and taken care of. The furniture is older but the bedding is clean and very comfortable, which gave me a good night's sleep. The free continental breakfast was a nice way to start my day. With the economic issues we are all facing, this is definitely a good buy for the money.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
wallingford
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I stayed for a dog show. thank god they allow dog because half of the hotels do not allow pets. very friendly staff. satisfiying breakfast. very good location to big E. not bad at all for price we paid. rooms are not bad at all, they have everything we needed for couple night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn
BEST WESTERN Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!