“Delicious Food”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Gill, Massachusetts
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I went around 2 PM for a late lunch. We wanted to sit at the "kitchen bar" to watch the cooks. We had a glass of wine and ordered our meal. It was delicious! The orricette (sp.) with 3 kinds of wild mushrooms and chicken was my husbands fav. We complimented the hard working chefs behind the counter putting out many meals while we watched. The young man who was cooking offered us a complimentary dessert and ran down the list for us. We were kinda full, but shared the brownie with choc mousse and whipped cream. He was the assistant kitchen mgr. and a nice guy ..........we really like that place.

• Visited March 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Just another chain”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

There are so many great Italian restaurants in the area, why go to an average, on a great day, chain resturant? There are so many better for less money.

“Terrible service, mediocre food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have been to this Carraba's a handful of times throughout the years and EVERY time, without fail, we have the slowest, most unenthused wait staff we have ever experienced. Dishes have been forgotten or incorrect on every occasion. We keep giving it another shot, only to be disappointed again and again. No more!! Certainly the food isn't enough to outweigh the service.

Maine
“First time visitor”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We don't have a Carraba's in Maine, so I wanted to try it while visiting West Springfield. I was not disappointed. Service was good, Our waiter was very attentive keeping my water glass filled and apologized for the bread being late (still baking). Ia appreciated his non-interuptive style.

The food was very good,especially the salad. We ordered our salads with the house Italian and it was delicious. Our Chicken Marsala was very good too. The pasta side came with a spicy tomato sauce, which I thought might be too spicy for some, but I enjoyed it. Perhaps everything could have been a little warmer.

Another slight thing, our waiter never mentioned the specials, but that was ok with us as we had already decided what we wanted during our 20 minute wait.

I would definitely go back if I'm ever in the area again.

• Visited November 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Nice Restaurant, very good Italian food”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Carrabba's Italian Grill is a nice chain restaurant which serves good quality food. The last couple of times that we have gone there, however, it has just been okay and I would consider it average.
Our family likes the bread that can be dipped into the olive oil with herbs, which is given out before the meal. The kids love this, and we always have leftovers of our meal to take home.
I usually get the stuffed chicken with mushrooms, and everyone else usually gets pasta dishes. Other than being very salty, the meal is good. We had to return a pizza that the kids ordered because the chef went pepper-happy, so much, that the pizza couldn't be eaten.
The management immediately prepared a new pizza for us, which we appreciated very much. It was much better and we left satisfied. I brought some relatives from Europe to Carrabbas, and they commented that the food was authentic Italian, just like what they have experienced when they go to Italy. They were pleased with their meals.
Being right across the street from Olive Garden makes it a tough choice, because both restaurants are about the same in terms of the quality of the food. It's worth a try for something different, but it's "hit or miss." Hopefully you'll go on a "hit" day.

• Visited August 2012