“Best food in West Springfield - don't be fooled by the storefront”
Review of Bottega Cucina

Bottega Cucina
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've eaten at this little Italian place three or four times now and it's amazing. Tiny, but great food and amazing service. The front of the place is enough to scare you away, but inside it's a slice of Italy. A wide variety of outside-the-box Italian as well as the choices you expect. Great wine choices. You would forget you are right next to the strip malls of West Springfield. Awesome bread, great olive oil. Go here if you like a funky little place. If you want mainstream, go to the Olive Garden across Route 5.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you are looking great food and great service come to Bottega Cucina. The food is made to order and the quality is more than amazing. Me and another friend brought someone that who had never gone before.... they were blow away and will without a doubt be returning. The service was great and the chiefs accommodate for any kind of meal change. They give you time to eat and you never feel rushed to finish. What a great place to bring your friends for an amazing meal.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The only reason I can't give this place five stars is because its location and seating can't be lauded.

I love it because of the food, the very friendly, knowledgeable waitstaff, and I believe there are two CIA chefs in the tiny kitchen. They share a building with a convenience store a block away from Rt. 5/Riverdale Road at the intersection of Morgan Rd. I haven't reviewed it before because I didn't want more people to know about it. Selfish of me. Creative Italian cooking, everything is very fresh, but make a reservation for dinner. Around a dozen tables/booths and the booths are tiny.

Although I'm not a beer drinker, they carry artisanal beers that generally delight the people I'm with matched to what they order without all that sommelier fuss.

Anything on their regular menu is available for lunch. Alas, they do not want to expand.

They have a take out menu, so if it's been one of those days when only fettucini carbonara will cheer you up, go get it, if you are a local.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The waiter says they've been open 6 years. I've lived in the area for over 25. Never, ever would've found them on my own, the place being such a small, nondescript hole in the wall. Thank you so much TripAdvisor for alerting me to the Botegga -- it is absolutely fabulous!!! Went for lunch on a Saturday before catching a movie the next store movie complex. Small place, but lucky for us we got a table no problem. They offered a lunch menu, but on Saturday they also offer the dinner menu all day, and even offer lunch sized portions for the dinner items.. I had a lunch sized portion of fettucine carbonara. To die for! Perfectly al dente pasta. Creamy, eggy sauce with a generous serving of pancetta. As good as what I had in Rome when first introduced to this dish. My companion had a flatbread "pizza" with a red sauce and cheese, also very good, but I was too blown away by my meal to pay much attention to her's. Beer and wine were available, and pricing was very reasonable, and service was excellent and very personable. This may rank as one of the top 5 restaurants in the greater Springfield area. Certainly it is in the top 10. Thanks again TA!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is probably one of the best finest meals this year. We got that last order of crab cakes for an appetizer; they were just perfect. I went with Adam's (waiter) recommendation of the Porcheta (pork), rissoto and cabbage this time as I am running out things to try here. The pork chop was so tender, flavorful, and right down irresistible. Salads are simply magnificent. My friends remarked how the pasta in their meals was cooked "perfectly." Service was just perfect and staff is very attentive and very willing to accommodate any special requests. Chocolate mousse is the best anywhere. All entrees priced right. Don't let a handful of picky negative reviews here fool you; this is a place is a gem and still somewhat of a hidden secret. If you want a real dining experience in the greater Springfield area, run to Bottega.