“Great Service at end of night”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Having been a food server I know this is not always easy. But Laura rose to the occasion. Her last table on a Sunday night - a party of 7 with 5 separate checks to boot. She treated us like we were her first table of the night. Service was efficient and friendly, not rushed but timed just right.
Food was cooked properly and presented well.
Great job to the kitchen staff and Laura for keeping a positive attitude at the last table of the night!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Longhorn is my favorite chain steakhouse over Outback. I’ve been to a few different ones and no matter which one you go to, you can always count on similar quality. They start with crusty homemade wheat bread and butter which is a nice starter. The shrimp and lobster chowder is delicious. I don't know if it’s homemade there because I’ve had similar elsewhere, but nonetheless it is delicious. I had the Parmesan Crusted Chicken with rice and it was excellent. The chicken was grilled to perfection and quite moist and tender. I was dubious ordering chicken at a steakhouse but was not disappointed. The topping was just enough to give it a kick. My companion had Flo’s Filet. We’ve had it there before and it was perhaps 2” thick, though that could have been off the supper menu. We went for lunch and this time it was only about 1’ thick and he questioned whether it was a filet. But it was very tender and cooked as ordered, so he was satisfied. My only complaint is the mixed vegetable side and asparagus side were practically raw, which is customary in restaurants these days, but I prefer them cooked a bit more. There’s always coupons in the paper for $3 to $5, and while it’s not much, every little bit helps. From the greeting by the hostess to the wait staff, they’re always friendly and attentive. We’ve been there many times and have always been satisfied with the service.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I have problems going out to eat and ending up with food that I could have prepared better at home. Always being disappointed. Not at Longhorns. I have always left full and happy...with leftovers to take home to the dogs. Flo's Fillet w/ salmon is delish. You have to order a side strawberry field salad. The raspberry dressing yummmy. I get it w/out the feta ch. The mac & cheese also a side with gouda cheese is a regular add on for us. Always reasonably priced. By far the best place to go on Riverdale Road.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

first our server did not tell us that there was no prime rib when we arrive second when I receive my soup she had a bit of an attitude when I asked her to remove the cheese and croutons that were not mentioned in the menu then our server disappeared the manager arrive my green beans had some weird looking Red substance manager said they were Peppers the next time they came out they had told me they were tomatoes either way I sent them back desided to get broccoli. broccoli arrive cold with the nasty sauce I asked for vegetables with no sauce butter that's all I wanted butter still no sign of our waitress. Steaks arrived undercooked asked for medium got medium rare still no sign of waitress. ordered mushrooms a extra plate none of this has arrived still asked the manager for more help, still no waitress never got a refill had to ask manager for refill even though we had terrible service terrible food and a terrible time our bill came out to $75 nor were they accommodating in anyway they seem to be bothered and buged by us asking for food we ordered. apparently we were too demanding customers. will be calling corporate of Darden first thing tomorrow.. don't bother save your money eat @ home or dennys at least you get what you pay for.

1  Thank athenat
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Sadly, there are too many establishments claiming to be a genuine steakhouse, an abused and misinterpreted title. The Longhorn is NO exception, while it's western / cowboy theme décor is interesting , the food and prices leave a lot to be desired. While it is accepted that product prices do rise on the market, their prices DO NOT reflect what you may order. Both the wife and I had burgers there and first and foremost they were BLAND, dull, ground chuck, lacking any taste and worse, these 1/2 pound atrocities are listed between $9.99 to $11.99, this includes poorly prepped French fries. Cmon, 10 dollars for a burger & fries ? Man, you can do better at McDonald's or Burger King and for a lot less cheaper. Tasteless meat with overpriced extras ,such as small piece of lettuce, possibly tomato and overpriced additions of cheese and leather tasting bacon strips. This experience was bad and left a taste of no return. In the past I have had their steaks and they are NO better. I also noticed their wait staff are poorly educated in the base function of their jobs. Another ridiculous increase in restaurants is the over pricing of soft drinks ( aka soda.) The average glass of Coke or Pepsi costs $2.50, so drink a lot for your money's worth, there is no excuse for these prices by greedy soft drink manufacturers. As for value they lack this too, their advertisements are obviously a deception from reality and having viewed their overpriced dessert menu, we decided to pass. I have seen the ornate bar they have and can honestly say, they'd be better off closing down the food service and making this place a full time bar room. We have NO desire to return, for what little we paid good money for, they'd be better off stopping the customers at the door and saying, Don't Bother Coming In.