“Good Prices, Lots of Food!”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Good Prices, Lots of Food!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Three of us went to IHOP in West Springfield Mass, yesterday, (a Friday) for a 10 a.m. breakfast. It was crowded, but we were seated immediately when we went in. (One of the friends who was with us said this is not always the case, as sometimes, there is a waiting line. There are benches to sit on if that's the case, and you're usually in your seat within 10 minutes.)

Once seated, the waitress arrived immediately with a pot of coffee (good/strong) which is left on your table (An idea I like--no waiting for refills this way.)

We made three different breakfast selections, and they were delivered to the table promptly --less than 10 minutes after we ordered. The waitress then refilled the coffee pot, and came back a couple of times during the meal to check on us.

Everything on our plates was cooked as we'd requested. My eggs, over easy and perfectly done. My companion's, poached, and again, cooked properly. Bacon and meats were also as they should be. The bacon crispy, the ham moist and not overly salty or dried out, the sausage tasty and not extremely greasy. Overall, everything was very tasty, and there was plenty of food. (4 strips of bacon, 2 good size pieces of ham, etc.)

There was a variety of syrups for the pancakes, including strawberry, traditional, blueberry, etc. and these are also left on the table. (Nice not to have skimpy little "tubs" of syrup!)

The reason for 4 stars, not 5 is --noise! The place was crowded, as I said, and the level of noise was up there. To be expected, I guess, with a crowd, but it made for a less than perfectly relaxing breakfast atmosphere.

Oh, one last thing that added to the noise (but it was cute) was repeated singing by the staff to patrons who were celebrating a birthday. Again, cute.

We had a buy-one-get-one breakfast coupon, so the bill was VERY inexpensive for the three of us. But it would have been anyway, since the menu prices were all reasonable.

All in all, this IHOP offers good food, good service, and good value.

• Visited January 2013

Springfield, Massachusetts
“The Place to meet friends”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I meet a friend on Thursday every week. We are treated like family. The food is great. No Bar or outdoor seating Just great food

• Visited December 2012
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“International House of Old People!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

On Tuesdays from 3 - 10 pm this is the absolute BEST value for older citizens. Everything is half-price. Naturally, we tip on full price but have yet to spend more than $15 per couple including tip. At first we did not know that reservations can be made and we waited forever to be seated. We now make reservations and our table is always ready. We make it a habit on Tuesday eves to gather local and/or visiting family members and meet there. The food is plentiful (it's not gourmet), tasty and varied. You don't just have to order pancakes. The talapia is tasty as is the balsamic chicken and the omelets are great. I order mine without the added pancake batter as I don't need the extra calories. My only caveat is that there is no real maple syrup without paying extra. Great value for the money.

• Visited November 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
“loved it”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Travelled solo after my car had trouble and had a wonderful breakfast here. I suggest the pancakes with strawberry and some home fries.the coffee was also good. Had a waitress that was wonderful.I wish that I had gotten her name. She directed me to a great place to fix my car.Thank you so much if you ever read this. :)

• Visited August 2012
“Not a very good meal during last several visits”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Ihop on Boston Road just isn't the same quality as the one in West Springfield. The cooks at the Springfield location just don't take pride in their cooking. The food looks dirty as if its cooked on a dirty grill. They don't pay too much attention to preference if you ask for something well done , extra crispy etc.. Wouldn't dare try sending anything back.

Visited August 2012