“Pretty good!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a carry out order, and the portions were pretty big! The Garlic Naan bread was delicious with those little chutneys, and the main dishes (wish I remembered the names, one was this orange chicken mix, and the other vegetable) were so delicious over rice! The Korma appetizer (fried cauliflower I think), were really good, too!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is our first time since Pintu's moved to a larger location in West Springfield. Our service was attentive, food excellent and we will be sure to return.

Our party of four shared two different appetizers (Samosa) all served with some homemade chutneys and that started a wonderful meal. Chicken was ordered by all at the table, (Curry, Taka Tak, Do-piaza Shirazi, Tikka Masala) and it appeared shortly after finishing our starters. Butter Nan and Garlic Nan was ordered too. We all took a box home for a later meal!

Our host Pintu stopped by our table and chatted a bit.

As I noted, our service was great, meal tasty and what more could you ask for? For a Friday night, we got in at 7pm and the place was probably 85% full by 7:30.

1  Thank RecRob
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is by far the worst restaurant I ever visited in respect of service, food quality and utter disregard for the customer. I can't imagine anyone giving glowing recommendation to this restaurant. This restaurant doesn't deserve even a lone star. I'm an white American and noticed his disregard to Indian customers when these well off people should be his bread and butter. i think he thinks these folks will visit his restaurant irrespective of his service.

2  Thank Drew l
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife is more picky wen it comes to trying new food so after some convincing she came with me to Pintu's for their lunch buffet. Indian food uses a lot of familiar ingredients, but with some spices many American pallets have not experienced. The curry chicken is served as boneless breast pieces cut similar to chicken strips. The sauce has a lot of flavor and spice with out too much heat. There is a variety of side dishes made from spinach, cauliflower, and beef. I highly recommend going here and expanding your knowledge of foreign cuisine. Staff is friendly and attentive and the atmosphere is calming.

1  Thank Matt K
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We arrived 6 ish on a Saturday evening and were able to be seated immediately. The restaurant was busy and we were pleased to see so many families with young children. There was a 'buzz' in the restaurant, but it did not interfer with us having a personal conversation. Our waitress was fabulous, she recommended appetizers and explained what was 'hot' and what was mild. We were not rushed at all and each course came out in a timely fashion. Our water glasses were always filled and there were extra servers attending to us besides our waitress. I had the tandoori mixed grilled and it was delicious, I couldn't eat it all. My husband had a shrimp dish recommended by our waitress which he loved. We were set to leave around 7:30 when the belly dancer appeared. I have to say the music was loud and we were happy to be going out the door.