“A nice stop on the way to Warren Miller's ski movie.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The place was bustling at 3pm on a Saturday, but we were seated quickly, and our waiter, Peter, was attentive. The Ribeye was good, the bread the best, and raspberry iced tea always makes things go down too easily. (The menu said $16.99 vs our bill at $17.99, and I think our side Caesar salad was $1 too high as well). Only our 3rd time at an Outback, but did not disappoint.

1  Thank 5inavan

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a bad experience at a local OSI, and decided to try the West Springfield location. Everyone deserves a second chance...I should mention we had a gift certificate from a manager because the very poor experience at a CT OSI location.

First, the restaurant was clean, and we greeted and seated promptly. This was on a Monday, at about 5 PM. The restaurant was clean. Unlike the last OSI, the table and salt and pepper shakers were clean and not "sticky."
Our order was taken promptly. We had a promo code for a free Blooming Onion. It was served hot, and it was delicious. The onion was hot, crisp, and not overly greasy. The sauce was great.

I ordered a larger filet, medium well, with french fries. My wife had Teriyaki beef and a baked sweet potato. My fries were warm and crisp, and not greasy. The last time I had fries at OSI they were inedible. Really, why a steak house can't offer real steak fries, instead of the cheap shoe string cut variety, is beyond comprehension. My wife's baked sweet potato was also very good. I had a side salad and I was very satisfied with it.

Unfortunately, we went to OSI to enjoy a tasty steak dinner. In that regard we were again greatly disappointed. I had ordered a medium well, large filet. My steak was cut thin, NOT butterfly cut, and was cooked beyond well done. My wife's steak had very little Teriyaki flavor, and also was overcooked. The steaks were edible, and again I didn't wish to have to send them back. They weren't that great, and were cheap cuts of meat. This mirrors our last experience at an OSI Connecticut location. The Long Horn steakhouse, which we've previously visited, was a far better experience. OSI has lost their edge in the steakhouse market. We've both decided this will be our LAST visit to any Outback Steakhouse locations.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stopped at this restaurant not knowing what to expect. It was on our way to Albany.
Our waitress made us feel that we have hit the right place. She was honest, helpful, and very attentive. The dark and warm bread was excellent; we found ourselves asking for more of it. Nothing beats a fresh bread and butter to start a dining evening.
We ordered the rib eye steak and the combo victoria steak with king crab legs. The food was delectable, and he portions were generous.
I highly recommend this place despite some of the reviews that i read afterwards.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I thought the food was just ok Not a good value for the buck Steak was small and fried up.......................

2  Thank David W
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We found the wait staff treating us like we had no clue what was going on in the world. She squatted down to talk to us like we could not hear her.The food was ordinary. I cook better at home, but we had a gift certificate and decided to use it. Big mistake. Have learned our lesson and will never go there again. Just because the waitress thinks that we may be "old" does not give her the right to treat us with any less dignity than we would treat her. Case Closed!!!

1  Thank Christine G