“Affordable Treat”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Hartford, CT
“Affordable Treat”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

A long time staple of grinder greatness. The fresh bread is what makes the difference. We prefer the foot-long cold cut above all the other popular menu options. Nothing fancy, just tasty subs at an affordable price. Lunch combo deals are really a good buy and the service is quick. Some staffers have been working here for many years. If your tired of the franchise sub experience, stop at Richards and give it a try!

• Visited August 2014

Enfield, Connecticut
“Great grinders”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The best grinders around. I have been a customer of Richards for over 30 years and enjoy their grinders the best. The prices are good and the employees are very nice. They offer meals as well as grinders. All the food is very good. I would highly recommend them. They also have a catering service.

Visited February 2014
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Love the Grinders”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

They have some grinders there that are so big it can feed you for 4 days. The price is reasonable- it's next to where I got my car fixed at Mechanix behind Sherwin Williams paint. So while waiting I would stop in at Richards or Debbie Wongs both are so excellent Richards seems like the freshest grinder rolls I have ever had. During the Big E it's better to stop there so you don't waste your $ on junk because it's so good. Excellent is more like it.

Visited July 2013
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Grinder after Golf”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I've heard and reviewed allot of comments about Richard's Grinders. Playing Golf on a Tuesday and driving past their location made me try them out. I looked at their menu and figured it would be a great choice even reading the reviews. Boy, was I wrong. I ordered a Basic Cold Cut Grinder from the Golf Course in Agawam knowing I could pick it up in 10 minutes on my way home. Everything went fine with the order, cold cut w/lettuce, tomatoes, onions ,cheese and mayo. Basic as I said.... It was ready when I arrived, I paid for it and got back into my car and drove home to enjoy a good grinder. It was neither giant, delicious or mouth watering to speak of. A couple slices of ham, salami, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cheese and that was it. More bread than fillings. I was really disappointed with the grinder. I thought of trying it again but a different choice but I'm afraid of running into the same thing. I don't think I'll try them again at either location in West Springfield or Westfield. Sorry to say but the reviews were really wrong and off base with my grinder.......Plus what kind of Giant Grinder place close at 3 PM on a Saturday and Sunday. Well if they were fantastic I could see why but I really don't understand...Sorry

• Visited April 2014
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Classic lunch joint”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I come here occasionally when I am in the area for some event that last through lunch. Food is always good and fast. Been coming here for years a couple times a year.

• Visited April 2014