“Out of the ordinary”
Review of Crepes Tea House

Crepes Tea House
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is an off-beat, out of the ordinary kind of restaurant, particularly for Westside. Like it, though! Menu included a wide variety of teas, crepes, and other selections not implied by the name. Service was friendly and efficient. Will go again!

2  Thank SJH3827

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We ate here last year and it was bang on! However this time it was terrible. Sat at the bar for 15 minutes and wasn't asked if we wanted a drink. Then finally sat at a table. We waited at the table for 15-20 mins and then we had to go and physically ask the waitress to come over so we could order drinks. Ordered our food along with drinks at that time. Drinks eventually came after another 10 mins(3xcoffee-the smoothie was forgotten). Everyone else around us got there food and we continued to wait another 45 mins before our food came. Food was good but this kind of wait is not acceptable to me. Not sure if I will return to this café in the future.

2  Thank dan g
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I'd never heard of Crepes Tea House until it turned up on Groupon. $25 value for $10? How could you not try it? So I did, and it turned out to be a hidden treasure, a quaint little place in one of West Springfield's less appealing areas, and well worth a special trip. The large bowl of borscht was phenomenal, more like a very red beef stew than a soup, with plenty of sour cream on the side — a meal in itself, really.

2  Thank davidjbrown10
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My mom & I went to the Crepes Tea House for lunch and were very pleasantly surprised by the eclectic menu. Unfortunately, there is no real curb appeal to this restaurant as it's located in the middle of an industrial area, however, once inside, you'll quickly be enveloped by the cozy setting. As mentioned in earlier reviews, the servers are very cordial, but the meal delivery is very slow. However, I guess that's a small price to pay for home-made, cook-to-order, authentic Ukrainian cuisine. And as also noted by earlier reviewers, go with the specialties of the house, which are surprisingly NOT the crepes. (I consider myself to be somewhat of a connoisseur, and I was very disappointed.) They seemed to be a step above a burrito, nothing special. I suggest sticking with the fondues, potato pancakes, soups and salads. All very unique. In conclusion, Crepes Tea House was a nice change of pace, but that's about it.

2  Thank michlouise
Reviewed September 28, 2013

we picked this place for breakfast based on Urbanspoon reviews. It is very quiet and in an old warehouse district. BUT, all the menu items were based around crepes and pancakes of various types. I had scrambled eggs, crispy potato pancakes , Polish sausage and a big cup of fresh strong coffee. Delicious - all accompanied by a tv tuned to a Russian channel over the bar. Made for a unique stop. The waitress advised us to return for crepes and one of the 80 different types of tea available. I would have if I had the time.

2  Thank Dia099