“Terrific Food -Great Service -Reasonably Priced”
Review of Crepes Tea House

Crepes Tea House
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our first time here and we are planning on returning in the near future. All of our meals were terrific and the waitress was very friendly and answered all our questions about the menu. I highly recommend trying this restaurant the crepes are terrific and they have many other dishes to choose from.

1  Thank Ed G

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went to eat here because of the gluten free crepes. I have to eat gluten free due to Celiac disease. I asked the server what she would recommend to fill the crepe that was gluten free. She had NO idea! How can you serve gf crepes and not know what is gf to go into them? She was the only server in the whole place. She would not ask the cook any questions. Someone asked if the cook could come out and reccommend a filling that was gluten free. She replied with, "He can't do that because he is TOO busy!" Well, we all got up and walked out. Their food may be good, but if you have to eat gluten free, I wouldn't trust it. They do not have the knowledge. We ended up at The 99 down the road where they are ALWAYS accommodating to gluten free eaters!

1  Thank kayak2364
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would love to be able to discuss the food, but, unfortunately, I never got it.

I've lived in the area for awhile and have wanted to try the place. We came in at the busy point in the lunch rush so had to wait a few minutes and finally ask for menus. Not a problem; they're busy. Once we finally ordered, we waited for a half hour and finally asked one of the other waitresses to check on our food as our waitress hadn't come back to the table. By now it's very slow as it's after 2:00 and there are only a few lunch tables left. We saw the two waitresses talking and then saw our waitress go back to the computer. I went over and asked her if our food had been put in and she tried to blame the other waitress by saying the other girl must have hit the exit button. I've waited tables and if an order is put in correctly, no one else can change it or delete it in the system.

She then tried to put it in quickly, but we had appointments to get to and told her to cancel it. I asked for the bill for the pot of tea and she had to ask what kind we had. HUH??? Didn't you write it down? And don't you think you should comp. the pot of tea after the ridiculous mixup? Anyway, we paid for the pot of tea and left.

I would love to try the food someday, but I'm thinking I'll have to wait until I'm in a better mood. The waitresses are adorable young girls, but they really need competent servers. I'll update once I actually try the food.

1  Thank Zazu_11
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went for breakfast. The tea selection is great! Beware: we usually order a pot of tea when we go places, so we ordered a pot of tea EACH. Well, the tea pot was huge. We got at least six cups from each pot. Afterwords we saw their individual serving size and decided ordering two individual sizes would have been enough. Ordered eggs and the pancake special. My wife's eggs came out 5 minutes before mine and the pancakes. I asked for my eggs to be cooked over easy, they came over medium-hard. The squash pancake had a powerful vinaigrette taste. The farmer cheese pancake was OK. The potato pancake was good. After determining we would not be returning for a breakfast, we decided to try a desert - chocolate walnut cake. The cake was good. So, we would recommend going for the tea and possibly a snack. This was an expensive breakfast costing $42 plus tip.

1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Have been driving by this place for years but finally checked it out thanks to a Groupon deal and I'm so glad I went. I "built my own" Crepe and all the ingredients were fresh and cooked well. My dining partner had an entree which was just the right size and prepared nicely. We enjoyed sweet crepes for dessert and, of course, some tea. Our waitress was exceptionally attentive and the price was right for the quality of food.

1  Thank MamaCyn_13