“One that I like about this kind of hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“One that I like about this kind of hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Been here twice already. I enjoyed my first stay and that was the reason I went back and stayed for another week. Clean and quite. Kitchen is good. The kitchen sink is quite small though. But that was okay. Fridge is huge. It has it's own ice maker inside, so you do not have to wind up looking for the ice station outside your room. Fire exits are at both ends of the building. Once thing I like about this place is that I can cook my food with all the necessary kitchen utensils available for use. Gas station, mall, fast food chain (if you like to have your meal here) are just nearby. Walmart is quite far though. It's about 15 min away from the hotel. No cigarette smell or anything like that. So far I would love to go back and stay at this place if I have the chance. I would certainly recommend as well to those who are traveling.

Room Tip: As usual, try not to stay near the exit doors. People who loves to use the stairs would probably wak...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GTCube

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I could not believe what a fantastic place this was, a wonderful home away from home with every convenience and comfort! Huge and spotless room (I had the queen/one-bedroom suite) with every houseware I could want -- full kitchen with pots, pans, toaster, microwave, stovetop, full fridge and freezer, dishes, silverware, salt, coffee maker and coffee, dishwasher (detergent included), etc., giant granite dining table/counter top connecting kitchen and living room, large TVs with HBO, Showtime, ESPN, and other premium channels in both rooms.
Spacious bathroom. DVD player. Fast, free wireless. Thick towels. Tons of closet and storage space. Desks in both rooms. Very nice gym, hot tub, and pool. Free washer-dryers; you just buy detergent. Free, current DVDs you can borrow from the front desk. Ample parking. Warm, friendly, helpful staff. Immaculate. 24-hour mini-store in the lobby with all kinds of food and toiletries, should you discover you need anything at 1 a.m. Cannot say enough good things and will be looking for other Candlewood Suites in my travels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lfisherhertz
Susan D, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We appreciate and thank you for all your wonderful words of praise and kindness. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you again!

Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I Love the CANDLEWOOD SUITES HOTELS. They Are Always My #1 Choice When I Travel. The Hotel IN WEST SPRINGFIELD,MA Is Always Clean And The Staff Is Always Friendly and helpful. I love the goodie bags you get for being priority club members!!! They make you feel VIP!! When my son got married last October... I booked their honeymoon 3 day here and the staff gave them a great room!!! They loved it and kept saying how spacious and clean it was.
I Already have a 3 day weekend booked for my 25th year class reunion.. November 22-25. I am making it a 3 day relaxation weekend for myself. The reunion is actually in Springfield at the Sheraton Hotel with discounted rooms...but I did not want to stay there!!! Why mess with a good thing!! I know for sure when I check in my room is going to be comfy and cozy! Home away from home! I am also booking a 3 day weekend in Feb 2014 at the Candlewood in Times Square New York for my daughters 17th Birthday.

One of my favorites about the room is the kitchenette with full stovetop, full fridge...all the utensils and all the utensils you need. This really comes in handy for people with food concerns who need to prepare their own meals.The bed is very cozy and I love getting the 1 bedroom suite.

Theres plenty of stores and places to eat right up the street.

Looking forward to my relaxation weekend in November Candlewood Suites!!! You always BRING IT!!! :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hope G
Thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise. We are thrilled that you are happy with our facilities and service. We looking for forward to seeing you in November!

Brockton, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

The staff was friendly the room as VERY clean wasn't expecting a kitchenette so that was a bonus. The bathroom was very large, spacious and clean. Loved the little desk area where me and the wife setup our charging station for our tablets and phones. The bed was very comfortable, had nice HD TV, decent closet space. It is centrally located to a lot of things. I was born in Springfield and took my wife for the second time to the Big E ( and we saw the beach boys ) it only a few minutes from the BBHF, many shopping centers you have to check out Ingelside Mall, it was minutes to the Big E and to go visit my moms. You can't beat the price and the value of this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John G
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We strive to give our guests great service and a wonderful facility. We looking forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a quick overnight stay. Overall it was nice. The rooms were generous in size, they were clean and fresh. Been extended stay accommodation it had a small kitchenette. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank AdventureLive
Braintree, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recently stayed here for work. They were so accommodating, they let us stay in the pool later, since we worked late. The room was amazing.. It has a whole kitchen, including dishwasher and full size fridge! It was very quiet, everything was in good working order, bathroom was spotless.. Only complaint would be the pillows were a little hard. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank redxchic
Southport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stopped in for a night on business. The hotel is close to food and shopping. The elevator was broken but not a big deal. The rooms are great. They have a full fridge, microwave and cook top. I used the fridge. I went to the fitness room in the morning and it is better than most places. If some one else was in there it might have been a bit tight. The furniture in room looked a bit worn. If you like your space and do not expect to get pampered stay here as it is most affordable. The front desk folks weregreat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear GaryM81,

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your kind words regarding our front desk. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We appreciate the candid feedback as this will help us improve for our guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn
BEST WESTERN Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!