“Spacious Rooms, Great Value”
Review of Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Rowley, Massachusetts
“Spacious Rooms, Great Value”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were placed here due to a run-in at the Hampton Inn (see cat related review on the Hampton Inn of West Springfield). They were pet friendly across the board and welcomed us with open arms. The rooms were surprising large and spacious unlike any other hotel I have stayed in. All the appliances were modern and well kept. The hotel was active until about 10 pm when things quieted down in the hallways. Comfortable beds left us feeling refreshed in the morning. I wish I was staying longer so I could enjoy the in-room cooking facilities. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who likes a large room and is planning on a long stay.

Room Tip: A little noisy next to the weight room on first floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jason P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My weekend stay was outstanding at the Candlewood Suites in West Springfield, Ma.

The rooms were very comfortable and functional. Everything is modern.

The staff were extremely accomodating, as well.

Other accoutrements include: heated swimmingpool, exercise room and free onsite parking.

The price is very accomodating for families and singles with comparable accomodations as pricier hotels.

A 4 star choice for an economic price point.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Lem M
Reviewed December 20, 2012

After a long days work. There is nothing than I like more than a quick and efficient check-in process at my hotel clean rooms are a must and the location must be within 15 minutes of everywhere I need to be: the candlewood suites in west Springfield exceeded nearly all my expectation. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient, the room was surprisingly large and had a full-sized fridge along with a fully stocked kitchen ( toaster, utensils, even popcorn in the microwave!) and the location simply canny be beat. A short drive to downtown Springfield and a 15 minute drive to Northampton. If you want a clean, comfortable place to stay, try this place.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Droid3214
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is my second visit to this beautiful place and it was even better than the first i saw a few new faces and they were so warm and friendly I cant wait to head back that side again to enjoy such a welcoming stay. The lady at the reception area was so friendly and we were assisted to our room by another young lady. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh as before, bathroom clean my kids just couldn't wait to get to the pool area. In the afternoon my husband went down to do his workout in a clean and fresh smelling gym. I must say i totally commend the staff for their warm hospitality and their professionalism. My four day visit was so relaxing i know that's where i will be staying when next i visit mass and I look forward to my trip next year also I recommend anyone staying over in Springfield or in the area you wont regret it if you choose to stay at The Candlewood Suites

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My first encounter was a pleasant, warming smile from the young lady at the front desk ... this was the beginning of my very pleasant stay at this Hotel. The room were immaculately clean, amenities were more than we expected. I enjoyed hearing the welcoming greeting and that refreshing smile from the staff every time I had a reason to correspond with them. The entire atmosphere was homely and every effort was made to make our stay comfortable and happy. I would easily recommend this Hotel to my friends and acquaintances for future stays.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PortmoreR
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Arrived after making my reservation nearly a year in advance, to be told that my reservation had been lost. I have the print down to prove it. Nonetheless, they had no room for us, and suggested they might be able to get us a room at Econolodge,-owned by the same people - which I declined, as it is now used to house welfare recipients. Was just looking for the same service we had a year ago...and a spacious upscale place to relax after a busy day at a 'Horse Event'
NOT.
The front desk manager was surly and not in the least, apologetic. We were both stunned!
We were blessed, indeed, to find better lodgings on very short notice. Candlewood Suites- you need a Staff Upgrade, and someone with computer skills might be a plus. I hope you read this and clean up your act!. We won't be back.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SuffieldCTSd, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear DressagePrincess22,
I truly apologize for your experence here at the Candlewood Suites. When talking with the Front desk about the situation the confusion came in when the name on the reservation and the name given were not the same so they believed you did not have reservation here, if they had taken the time to listen to you everything would have been fine. Again I do apologize and I really do hope you give us another chance.

Susan Daley,GM
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We arrived in the lobby to be greeted by a very friendly lady in Reception. I wondered why at the time there were a few women with children standing around the lobby, and I can only assume that some people actually live there. Rooms appeared clean and tidy, but I was a bit put off when I saw that the people next door had a dog with them. No breakfast supplied, but there are some items of food in a room where it is self serve and an honor payment system. Close to iHop which we found a great place to eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#6 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!