“updated, comfortable”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have a positive review of this hotel. It is apparently recently renovated in a very modern, thoughtful manner. I appreciated having several electrical outlets located ON the bedside table and on lamps for charging all the devices - instead of outlets hidden behind balky furniture and only 1 or 2/room. All was clean, attractive, and functioning. The bed was very comfortable with fresh linens. Good restaurants in walking distance (Urbanspoon said 100 ft.) and convenient location off I-91. No problems.

Room Tip: I had a room on the back of the "second" building and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dia099

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Room 129 clean, 5 minutes later...sewer water started dripping (a lot) from the ceiling onto the bed and on the other side of the room onto the floor.

Moved us to Room 237 and we walked into a bedspread covered in sea men (and i don't mean the navy boys)

Phyllis at the front desk then gave us a difficult time to get credit for the reservation and was rude because we didn't want to try a third room.

Will never go back.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Awisevacation
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

It's amazing and not surprising. The review closest to mine talks about the leak between bathroom and toilet. Must have been room 258. I was moved from that room because the water in the toilet would not stop running. Sounds like they cleaned it up and just moved the next person in. How do they not have a 24-7 maintenance person? It's not the front desk people fault. They are not responsible for the upkeep. They are very polite and helpful given what they have to deal with.The owner really needs to look into making sure all facilities work rather than worrying about aesthetics . I will not be staying here again even for the big E.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank rstark75utah
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Renovations in room looked very nice. Remote control to TV didn't work and there was a substantial leak on floor between tub and toilet. But the largest complaint I have is that when I called to report a special pillow left behind my daughter, I was told one was not found in the room. Due to the apparent dishonesty of the cleaning staff - I won't stay here again for our annual BIG E trek for 4-H events.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank farmerkmy
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I booked for two nights, but my key only worked for one night. I had to go back to the office in the pouring rain for another one. Not a good experience. My husband went to the front desk and spoke with a worker who gave us another key and apologized for the inconvenience. he said, they didn't "remember" that we were staying for two nights, though i was charged for two nights. I thought that was unprofessional. situation was cleared up, but i didn't appreciate the inconvenience due to the fact that i have to take medication on a fixed schedule.

Room Tip: my second floor room was perfect
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia M
redroofinnws, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

I am sorry that you had a problem with your key not working. We do our best to make sure that our guest needs are taken care of. I apologize that you had to come out in the rain to get another key. When a guest checks in for multiple nights we make the key for the number of days that a guest is staying. I hope that you give us another chance when you are in our area again.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Updated rooms look nice at first glance. I suppose if you don't mind rock hard pillows, hair in the tub and towels, and floor that feels like it was mopped with crisco this isn't a bad place. Stayed just one night passing through. Price was high.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kristi207

We have recently renovated all of our rooms and all of the pillows are new. I know some are still a little hard but we do our best to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of.

I apologize for the hairs in the tub and the bath room. I have spoken with the housekeepers and have addressed this concern with them in order to improve on our services to our guests. We take all concerns seriously and always work to improve our standards in order to provide a positive experieince for all of our guests,. I do hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Spent two nights here last weekend, the Hotel feels and looks brand new from the inside. The room was exactly like the hotel pictures. We had a king room on the second floor and I honestly have nothing negative to say about the room. Internet access was fast and free, the bed was great, the TV worked fine, the room was in perfect shape and very clean. I think the only defect I found was the ring around the shower head had come loose.

We checked in pretty late, the staff lady at 1:30 am wasn't the friendliest but I can skip over that considering the time at which we arrived. As usual with Red Roof there isn't really any breakfast besides coffee but at the rate this place is going for you can easily get something across the street (I recommend Donut Dip!).

The parking lot does get crowded at night, especially in the evening so you might have to park far from your room at this location depending on which building you are in, ours had minimal parking on one side so we had to walk around back but honestly for us that wasn’t such a big deal.

Heads up, as with most red-roof locations there aren’t any elevators on site, you need to use the stairs, if you want a 1st floor room, request it when booking.

Overall I highly recommend the Red Roof Inn in West Springfield, MA and would not hesitate to return when I’m in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding you most recent stay. I'm glad you like our newly renovated inn and appreciate your comments about the overall experience as being a positive one.

At Red Roof Inn we do our best to create a positive experience for all of our guests and do whatever it takes to make your stay an enjoyable. I hope you come back and stay with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Howard Johnson Express - Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!