“Not terrible”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
“Not terrible”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Updated rooms look nice at first glance. I suppose if you don't mind rock hard pillows, hair in the tub and towels, and floor that feels like it was mopped with crisco this isn't a bad place. Stayed just one night passing through. Price was high.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kristi207
redroofinnws, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We have recently renovated all of our rooms and all of the pillows are new. I know some are still a little hard but we do our best to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of.

I apologize for the hairs in the tub and the bath room. I have spoken with the housekeepers and have addressed this concern with them in order to improve on our services to our guests. We take all concerns seriously and always work to improve our standards in order to provide a positive experieince for all of our guests,. I do hope you stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Montreal, QC
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Spent two nights here last weekend, the Hotel feels and looks brand new from the inside. The room was exactly like the hotel pictures. We had a king room on the second floor and I honestly have nothing negative to say about the room. Internet access was fast and free, the bed was great, the TV worked fine, the room was in perfect shape and very clean. I think the only defect I found was the ring around the shower head had come loose.

We checked in pretty late, the staff lady at 1:30 am wasn't the friendliest but I can skip over that considering the time at which we arrived. As usual with Red Roof there isn't really any breakfast besides coffee but at the rate this place is going for you can easily get something across the street (I recommend Donut Dip!).

The parking lot does get crowded at night, especially in the evening so you might have to park far from your room at this location depending on which building you are in, ours had minimal parking on one side so we had to walk around back but honestly for us that wasn’t such a big deal.

Heads up, as with most red-roof locations there aren’t any elevators on site, you need to use the stairs, if you want a 1st floor room, request it when booking.

Overall I highly recommend the Red Roof Inn in West Springfield, MA and would not hesitate to return when I’m in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding you most recent stay. I'm glad you like our newly renovated inn and appreciate your comments about the overall experience as being a positive one.

At Red Roof Inn we do our best to create a positive experience for all of our guests and do whatever it takes to make your stay an enjoyable. I hope you come back and stay with us again in the future.
toronto
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My teenage daughter and I recently stayed overnight at this inn to break up our trip from Toronto to Cape Cod. Never again. The first room we were given had a SOAKING WET carpet...I don't mean damp; I mean SOPPING. I called the front desk and asked the clerk if she could tell me why the carpet was soaking. She said she couldn't, but offered us another room. I needed sanitizer after using the phone, which was black with grime and had crumbs all over the receiver. Blech. While I was using the phone I could see the floor between the mattress and headboard and there were crumbs all over the floor. It was repulsive.

We lugged our things into a second room which, unbelievably, was even worse than the first one. On one of the hottest nights of the summer, the a/c was not working and, even more disgusting, the bathtub was absolutely FILTHY. This time we went to the front desk. I told the clerk that this room was completely unacceptable for the reasons I've just described here...I had booked through Expedia and was prepared to just give it all up as a bad job. She was relatively unconcerned - and honestly, I was perfectly polite - all I wanted was a clean room to sleep after driving 8 hours - but then offered to put us in yet another room.

This third room was adequate, but we had a really hard time putting the filth of the other rooms behind us. I would never recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank openairasylum
I do apologize for your bad experience on your visit with us. We take all guest concerns seriously and work very hard to improve on what we do to make all of our guest experiences a positve one.

I have shared your comments with our staff in order to make sure that they are also aware of any concerns that any guest may have. When a guest has a problem we make sure that we address it right away and do out best to correct any problems so that any future guests stays are enjoyable.

I thank you for your comments and I do hope that you would give another chance to show you that we can be your hotel of choice when you are in our area again.
Albany
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am in West Springfield several times a year for various events, and am usually on a budget. This is by far the best value I have found along Riverdale. The room was clean and comfortable, and everything is new. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank GH491964
Thank you very much for your comments on your stays with us. Our staff works very hard to provide a clean comfortable room at a moderate price. I will pass your comments on to the staff.

i look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had been driving a while and my knee was really hurting due to arthritis. Couldn't handle the walk up and down steps. Asked for first room floor and was rudely told no. Said all first room floors were booked. But that evening the parking lot was mostly empty. Floors and carpets were filthy, drink cups under bed and linens closed up my sinuses. Floors left our socks black.

• Stayed August 2013
I appreciate your coments about your most recent stay with us. We do out best to accommodate all requests for first floor, but in the summer we do fill up and even though some rooms do look like they were empty we did have reservations for those rooms.

I do apologize for the lack of cleanliness in your room. We work very hard to make sure that all of our guests have a positive experience when they stay with us. if there is a problem we work very hard to correct it so that any future guests do not encounter the same problem. I have shared yoru comments with my staff.

I do hope you give us another chance and stay with us in the future when you are in our area again.
Clarence, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I'm writing this review as I sit in this horrible hotel room. We arrived with two kids after 11 pm and just wanted to go to bed. The room clearly says smoke free on the door yet it stinks. I'm worried that all our clothes for our weeks vacation are now going to smell like cigarettes. We are thankfully only staying here one night. Another problem with this room is that both bedspreads clearly have stains all over them. I'm shocked this hotel/motel has any decent reviews. There are also a bunch of guys in the parking lot drinking and talking loudly about "quickies" while we are walking in with our kids. You can see what type of clientele is here. Also beware! They will add on a safe fee if 1.50 even if you don't use it. Imagine how many people never even notice this. We were told we have to ask to have it removed when we leave. Stay away!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.