“Adequate”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've been a travel agent for more years than I care to admit so I've seen my share of hotels.
We stayed here 2 nights while visiting relatives in the area. The rooms have been renovated with laminate flooring. Bathroom is small and the room isn't huge by any means, but 4 of us shared it and no one killed anyone. I tend to look in corners and to my dismay did see a spider web with some dead bugs in it in the corner behind a chair, and it was clear to me the vacumn does not go flush against the wall as there's about a half inch line of dirt all the way around the wall. Also there were flies in the room when we arrived but it just seemed like some one had left the door open when loading up a car maybe and they got in. We all slept well and no one complained. The door to the small room safe wouldn't stay closed and kept jamming you in the leg when you were at the sink which was kind of irritating but again, not really a big deal. Also, they will automatically charge you $1.50/day for the safe unless you tell them you didn't use it. There is a sign posted at the desk about this as well.
It's in a good location- On the Border Mexican restaurant, 5 Guys and Hooters are right next door and there's a doughnut place across the street for breakfast. Lots of stores and amenities close by as well. Holyoke is just about 10 min up the road where there's a great mall. And Six Flags isn't far away- about 15 min or so.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Spent one night in this hotel in July. Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were clean. Restaurants and shopping very close by. Six Flags just 15 minutes away and you can purchase your tickets at the hotel for a discounted price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sunnyhalifax
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We recently stayed at this Red Roof Inn, our first in this chain. The rooms were newly renovated, clean, and comfortable. All rooms are non-smoking, a big plus. Motel is convenient to the sites in Springfield, and a short drive to Amherst and other communities. Normally, we do not stay at motels, but would consider this chain again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We read the tripadvisor reviews before staying here and we agree with the recent reviews. The room was newly renovated and very nice (and clean). The staff was helpful. We needed an iron and had to get it from the front desk but that was ok for this trip. We wanted an inexpensive but decent and clean room and that's what we got. One thing... Management should pay more attention to keeping the outside clean. We were there 2 nights and someone should have swept the walkways and picked up trash. It takes away from the property to have trash and wet yucky leaves in the guest areas.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay at this Red Roof Inn. The rooms have been recently redone
with very nice wood laminate floors. The room was clean, comfortable, close to amenities and
the staff was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this inn to anyone staying in the area.
And while you're there try the donut shop across the street. Best donuts I've ever had in my life!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

There was a sign in the lobby saying this was the newest renovation of the Red Roof chain. Once we opened the door to our room we had the proof. It was brand new & clean. The room was a little on the small size but the bed/pillows were comfy. Pretty convenient location, right off the freeway. Had an excellent stay

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Spent the night here as part of a multi-day trip to the northeast, and chose Red Roof based on reviews here. It has received the makeover that many Red Roofs are getting. Comfortable bed, microwave and refrigerator, good shower water pressure with plenty of hot water, decent Internet connection. Everything was clean and in good working order.

Access is a minor issue. There is a traffic light allowing access to US 5, but getting through the Five Guys parking lot can be an issue if there are a lot of customers there.

One thing I did notice was a lot of activity in the parking lot during the night. I didn't have any problems and there was no damage to my vehicle, and there was no noise or commotion to disturb me, but still, that level of people out and about isn't normal and might be a bit disconcerting to some.

I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!