“Nice wooden laminate floors”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay at this Red Roof Inn. The rooms have been recently redone
with very nice wood laminate floors. The room was clean, comfortable, close to amenities and
the staff was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this inn to anyone staying in the area.
And while you're there try the donut shop across the street. Best donuts I've ever had in my life!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

There was a sign in the lobby saying this was the newest renovation of the Red Roof chain. Once we opened the door to our room we had the proof. It was brand new & clean. The room was a little on the small size but the bed/pillows were comfy. Pretty convenient location, right off the freeway. Had an excellent stay

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Spent the night here as part of a multi-day trip to the northeast, and chose Red Roof based on reviews here. It has received the makeover that many Red Roofs are getting. Comfortable bed, microwave and refrigerator, good shower water pressure with plenty of hot water, decent Internet connection. Everything was clean and in good working order.

Access is a minor issue. There is a traffic light allowing access to US 5, but getting through the Five Guys parking lot can be an issue if there are a lot of customers there.

One thing I did notice was a lot of activity in the parking lot during the night. I didn't have any problems and there was no damage to my vehicle, and there was no noise or commotion to disturb me, but still, that level of people out and about isn't normal and might be a bit disconcerting to some.

I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed in approx 5 red roof inns across the country in the past five months this is by far the most unaccomidating I had stayed there for business for 5 days checked out but I had to stay one extra night and they refused to exempt the same card I just had payed for my stay with again because it is a company card and not present so they cannot do it so whatever that is fine my company has agreed to cancel all future bookings with them and that is a big chunk of change approx 75-100k a month we are a large company although they have nice staff there should always be a mgr you can call and get a hold of no here though only if the building is burning down is what I was told.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had to make an unexpected trip to West Springfield. Unfortunately there were several events going on in the area and available hotel rooms were scarce. We were looking for a hotel near Baystate Medical Center. We had just about given up when we spotted the small sign for the Red Roof Inn. The hotel is set slightly back from the road behind some restaurants. Reception staff was great. We explained our situation and they found us a room. While this is not a fancy five star hotel it was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Just what we needed. All of the hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. This hotel is very convenient to I-91, less than 4 miles to Baystate Medical, and convenient to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel has recently been updated with nice wood floors, flat screen tv, a very nice office area and the beds were comfortable. Internet was decent but sketchy in the evening. The hotel is conveniently located near the Massachusetts turnpike. We stay a week and called Red Roof Inn and got the weekly rate. The only negatives I have to add is the fact that the room opens up to the outside and you can hear cars and people outside. This was only a problem one night. The other problem is that we had a passport come up missing from one of our bags and we have not located it in our vehicle or at home. The manager was fairly incredulous that I suggested that someone from her staff had taken it but it is what it is.

Room Tip: Keep your valuables on you at all times.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg J
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed after a day in Brimfield. The rooms are modern and updated but the other clientele are a worry. In the middle of the night there was loud screaming, yelling, cursing and walking back and forth. Wondered when it would stop but went on for hours. Also the room had a layer of dust in corners, pillows are rocks,towels are scratchy, bedspread had a stain on it as well as the shower curtain. Person @ front desk on checking out wasn't friendly nor did she care how our stay was. If you can help it , stay elsewehere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fitchboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!