“A Haven After the Storm”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
PA
“A Haven After the Storm”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I had to be in Springfield after the October snowstorm, and my original hotel lost it's power the morning of my arrival. Red Roof had room for me!

My room was clean, bed was comfortable. When soap/shampoo was missing, it was cheerfully provided. They were especially accommodating when I learned, at the last minute, that I needed to stay another night, and were able to put me in the same room I had the 2 nights before.

It's Red Roof, it's no frills, but it was clean and comfortable. I'll have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed December 4, 2011

When I arrived I found that I had made my reservations for the previous day, in error. The lady at check-in ended up giving me the room at no-cost for that night because I was charged the previous day already. When I got home I found out I was charged for two nights. The manager sent em an e-mail to thank me for my stay and ended up fixing the whole thing for me. Very painless.

The room was clean, the lobby was pleasant, and I would have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive overnight accomodation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank aaronmhuotari
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Why anyone would give this a good review is beyond me. Stayed here in the spring for Business, my bed had hair all over the sheets and pillows, as did my roommates. the floor had clearly not been vacuumed in weeks and the bathroom was dirty as were the towels. Called to be moved only to have them come change the sheets, when in front of the two us and a coworker we saw that the mattress pad had a GIANT new blood stain. The housekeepers looked at each other like 'oh shoot they saw' and they ran to get a new one. the new sheets were also dirty and they again refused to move us. Horrible, horrible experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank j m
Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel when I visit the Big E. I took advantage of the Red Roof senior fares and stayed three nights. I went for the slightly more expensive King Bed room and was happy I did. It bought me a room with a small fridge and microwave so I could keep my drinks cold without traipsing to the ice machine. Unfortunately, there was no upgrade on the bathroom. All the rooms here have very tight bathrooms, and the King was no exception. Housekeeping did a decent job of making the bed, and changing the towels, but were less observant when it came to dirt accumulating behind the toilet, or vacuuming the rug. The wifi access is not the greatest, but it's free. One of the things that brings me back here is the shuttle/Big E admission deal every year. I can leave the car at the hotel and catch a shuttle a few steps away to take me to the fairgrounds. It's a great deal, and there's no need to fight traffic. They should advertise it more on their webpage.
All in all, if you are coming to the area to shop or tour the area, this place is convenient, relatively clean, and will not burn a hole in your wallet.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank VEC24
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This Red Roof is always busy, it's clean and has good housekeeping. Spent a week there on business and it was always well maintained. Staff was very pleasant, found out our housekeeper had been there 17 years. It was enjoyable and reasonably priced .

Room Tip: Get a Business excutive room for more comfort
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mas4467
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I've stayed in two Red Roof's over the past year, both of which were CHEAP (approx. $89 a night) and DIRTY. I traveled to this particular hotel over the weekend with 7 other girls, for a Bachelorette Party at Six Flags.Thank goodness, it was only for one night!

In my room, there were long strands of black hair all over the bathtub, the sheets were stained and had burn holes in them, and god knows the place hasn't been dusted/vaccuumed in months. Here's a few pointers, if you book a room at this Red Roof:

- Don't forget to bring shampoo, conditioner and soap with you. The complimentary toiletries are in small packets, not bottles
- There is only ONE WAY to enter & exit this hotel, sandwiched between the local Hooters & On the Border Restaurants. We got stuck in the parking lot due to a firetruck blocking the main entrance.
- Don't bring anything COLD to this hotel. There is no refrigerator in the room.
- The AC is either arctic cold or broken.

Room Tip: Bring your own sheets, towels, toiletries - They're probably much cleaner!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mskatewatt
Belfast, Maine
Reviewed August 18, 2011

On our annual business trip to West Springfield we stay at the Red Roof Inn on Riverdale Street because we have found it to be the most consistant for cleanliness (and no nasty cigarette smell!), ease of access, reasonable price and convenience to shopping and favorite restaurants. The AC worked perfectly as well, and it was blessedly quiet!
This year we were frustrated by the non-functioning new style alarm clock in the room. I reported it. Later that day a new clock was delivered and fully set up for us in our room. It worked great.
The one thing that would make our stay better would be the reopening of the restaurant nearby which closed a couple years ago and is greatly missed.
We always recommend the Red Roof to our fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Useful desk area, ample room to move around and use the space. Some rooms have a small refrigerator...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BennettsGems
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!