“Almost perfect”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Randolph, New Jersey
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights on business travel. My suite was very functional. The room was well kept, the furniture starting to show age, but the staff very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast is very nice amenity. The fitness center can really only handle one person working out at a time due to its size. My only gripe is there seemed to be A problem with the TV signal in my room, and the picture would drop for about a second every few minutes. I'm also still not a fan of the bath sink being over a carpeted floor (is this a Marriott thing? It is the only brand I've encountered with that kind of layout) I would definitely consider staying here again if I came to the area

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rykberg
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give other travelers your feedback on our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the carpeting in front of the sink, I will share your comments with our corporate office. They take all feedback into consideration when it comes to improving our hotels. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here for three nights beginning on Thanksgiving night into Sunday. We were in town for the holiday and our son was playing in a three-day hockey tournament. The hotel is just a short trip to the ice rink.

When I checked in Thanksgiving night, the staff provided me with a room upgrade at no additional cost! I went from a one bedroom suite to a two bedroom suite! Very nice touch!

The room was clean and certainly enough space for two adults and one child. I noticed that the paper towel holder in the kitchen was not screwed in place on one side. I mentioned it to the maid who had arrived at our room to clean. When I returned later in the day it was fixed! Water pressure in the shower was nice and strong. Some downsides to the room - it could use some furniture upgrades - not a big deal but it looked like some pieces have seen better days. Some of the room's wall paper and paint were in need of a touch up in certain sections. Some things to consider for upgrades include the convenience of a coat rack near the door entrance as opposed to the room closet. Also, it would be nice to have outlets built into the base of the nightstand lamps for easy device charging. I had to unplug the alarm clock so I could charge my phone.

A continental breakfast was included from 7:00-10:00 AM. Standard fare included scrambled eggs, sausage patties, home fries, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruits, assorted bread/bagel and juice/coffee water. Also free newspapers were available. Something for everyone!

The pool area was a decent space with tables and chairs. Pool was average sized along with a nearby jacuzzi. I did not use the gym but heard it was small but functional.

The common area was relatively small but nicely staged with a big flat screen TV, fireplace, tables and lounger chairs.

This is a pet friendly hotel - I didn't hear any noisy 4-legged or 2-legged guests during my stay.
All of the staff, front desk, food service and cleaning were very friendly and helpful. The staff allowed the boys to play knee-hockey in the conference room which was a great piece of space for them to be loud and play their games without (hopefully) disturbing the other guests.
While the weather was not super warm, the hotel did have a nice tennis court and outdoor patio for use during warmer weather.
It is located near many shops and restaurants. The location, while not the fault of the hotel, it quirky and difficult for a GPS to locate. Once I found it, the remainder of the stay was simple in and out.

Overall, a very nice stay staffed with caring, attentive and friendly employees.

I would certainly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Suzanne_July
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful in depth review. It was a pleasure having your team staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again when your team has a tournament in the area.
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times in the past, it's a great property with lots to like. Comfortable beds and spacious apartment-like rooms, two flat screen HDTVs and a full kitchen, laundry on every floor, nice pool & gym and a hot breakfast every morning - great! One thing that's changed is the growing number of four-legged guests, I've noticed more and more dog owners staying here and at the Red Roof Inn next door. This isn't bad however; I haven't heard one bark, the owners are very nice and the hotel staff go out of their way to ensure all guests and happy (yup, even Fido). So if you have a pet or just need a great hotel that's affordable and conveniently located this may be the place for you. I know I'll be back, cheers!

Recommended ++++

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tom M
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear valued guest, Thank you so much for your review. I see that you stayed with us recently during the dog show at the expo grounds. If you saw more four legged friends than usual, it is because they were competing at the Big E, just 4 short miles away. We are happy to host a few dog shows a year. As you stated, the owners of the dogs are very responsible and keep barking to a minimum. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again soon.
Aaronsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here to visit some area attactions-Basketball hall Of Fame & Science Museum-and we had a wonderful stay.The room was clean and spacious.The kitchen helped have the whole family here we were able to bring a lot of stuff.I think some furnature updates would be great but the cleanliness makes up for it.The check-in and out went very quickly the staff seems to be right on top of things.They too were very accommodating.We'll be back next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy R
Dear valued guest, we are so pleased thatyou enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait to see you,and your family again on your next visit to West Springfield. Happy holidays!!!
Maine
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was the first time we have stayed at a Residence Inn. Very good facility. I loved having the kitchen area and the extra space. The room and facility were clean and fairly comfortable. The staff were very friendly. Jamal was extra helpful tracking down extra pillows during a pillow shortage and the kitchen/breakfast staff were accommodating and efficient. It was great to have a morning paper and breakfast each morning.
There were some cons. Our room had the nosiest bathroom fan I have ever heard. It should be replaced. Like in other reviews I felt the furniture in the room was too worn and kind of embarrassing. This is a small thing, but the glass on our entrance door from the parking lot needed a good cleaning. The sofa bed was great to have but its mattress was very thin and uncomfortable. The lobby/breakfast area fills up and needs more space. I suppose in the summer people can go outside in the picnic area, but designers should create more room for buildings in locations where its cold and you can go outside. I wasn't a big deal to go back to our room. Maybe trays for easier transport wold have helped?
Even with this, I would stay here again. It's hard to find without a GPS, really off the road and no sign down by the road so you really have to be on the lookout. But being up off the road made things quieter.
Overall a great stay. We'll stay here again if we are in the area again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dannop
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear valued guest,
As always, it is a pleasure to receive a review for our hotel. We are glad that you found your stay with us an enjoyable one. I am happy to hear that Jamal provided you with excellent customer service. I have shared your comments with him and he is very thankful for the mention.
Please know we understand that some of our furniture is showing some wear, and we are working on getting this matter resolved.
Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again very soon.
Virginia
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Like previous reviewers, I feel that this property is above average for other hotels and inns in the Springfield area. However, it definitely is below average for other Residence Inns that I have stayed at. For the money paid to stay here, one expects a nearly flawless experience. Overall, the Inn is clean and the staff is welcoming and very efficient. Where this Inn falls short are the details that keeps it from excelling.

For example, on a recent stay, my carpet in my room was stained in the middle of the room. The bathtub had chips missing with black marks evident. Furniture in the room was older and worn. Most breakfast area tables were not wiped. To eat at a table, I needed to use some napkins to clean up some spilled milk. The OJ machine had watery orange juice. The scrambled eggs were not fresh. In fact, most of the "hot" foods were lukewarm at best. .

I don't know what the problem is with this property. Perhaps the franchisee needs to spend some money to improve it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank scarletman1972
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for giving us your review. It is guests like you, that take time from their busy day to give us feedback, that help us improve. We are happy to hear that you find us to be the best hotel in the area.
We are taking the time to review all feedback and make our hotel better.
We do understand that it is time for some updates, and we are working on it. I do apologize that breakfast was not hot. It is not a problem we experience often, and I will be sure to share your feedback with my breakfast staff. We value any and all feedback. You speak and we are here to listen.
Thank you again and we hope that you will visit us in your future travels.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

There are many positive things about this hotel. The breakfasts are fine. The staff is friendly and helpful. The two bedroom suites are perfect for couples traveling together.
The kitchen is clean and well stocked. My only complaint would be that we have stayed here many years and the living room furniture is uncomfortable, ugly,and beat up. It needed replacement years ago. They have cut back on some little amenities like having popcorn and hard candy in the room. But, overall a good value for $104 per couples.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank shelynne
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are happy that you are a return guest and find our staff to be friendly and helpful. Providing our guests with a clean room and good service is always our goal.
Regarding the furniture in the room, we realize that it is starting to show some age and we are working on getting some of it replaced.
We hope that you will stay with us again. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Residence Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!