“First time - very pleased”

Residence Inn West Springfield
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was the first time we have stayed at a Residence Inn. Very good facility. I loved having the kitchen area and the extra space. The room and facility were clean and fairly comfortable. The staff were very friendly. Jamal was extra helpful tracking down extra pillows during a pillow shortage and the kitchen/breakfast staff were accommodating and efficient. It was great to have a morning paper and breakfast each morning.
There were some cons. Our room had the nosiest bathroom fan I have ever heard. It should be replaced. Like in other reviews I felt the furniture in the room was too worn and kind of embarrassing. This is a small thing, but the glass on our entrance door from the parking lot needed a good cleaning. The sofa bed was great to have but its mattress was very thin and uncomfortable. The lobby/breakfast area fills up and needs more space. I suppose in the summer people can go outside in the picnic area, but designers should create more room for buildings in locations where its cold and you can go outside. I wasn't a big deal to go back to our room. Maybe trays for easier transport wold have helped?
Even with this, I would stay here again. It's hard to find without a GPS, really off the road and no sign down by the road so you really have to be on the lookout. But being up off the road made things quieter.
Overall a great stay. We'll stay here again if we are in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dannop
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear valued guest,
As always, it is a pleasure to receive a review for our hotel. We are glad that you found your stay with us an enjoyable one. I am happy to hear that Jamal provided you with excellent customer service. I have shared your comments with him and he is very thankful for the mention.
Please know we understand that some of our furniture is showing some wear, and we are working on getting this matter resolved.
Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Like previous reviewers, I feel that this property is above average for other hotels and inns in the Springfield area. However, it definitely is below average for other Residence Inns that I have stayed at. For the money paid to stay here, one expects a nearly flawless experience. Overall, the Inn is clean and the staff is welcoming and very efficient. Where this Inn falls short are the details that keeps it from excelling.

For example, on a recent stay, my carpet in my room was stained in the middle of the room. The bathtub had chips missing with black marks evident. Furniture in the room was older and worn. Most breakfast area tables were not wiped. To eat at a table, I needed to use some napkins to clean up some spilled milk. The OJ machine had watery orange juice. The scrambled eggs were not fresh. In fact, most of the "hot" foods were lukewarm at best. .

I don't know what the problem is with this property. Perhaps the franchisee needs to spend some money to improve it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank scarletman1972
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for giving us your review. It is guests like you, that take time from their busy day to give us feedback, that help us improve. We are happy to hear that you find us to be the best hotel in the area.
We are taking the time to review all feedback and make our hotel better.
We do understand that it is time for some updates, and we are working on it. I do apologize that breakfast was not hot. It is not a problem we experience often, and I will be sure to share your feedback with my breakfast staff. We value any and all feedback. You speak and we are here to listen.
Thank you again and we hope that you will visit us in your future travels.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

There are many positive things about this hotel. The breakfasts are fine. The staff is friendly and helpful. The two bedroom suites are perfect for couples traveling together.
The kitchen is clean and well stocked. My only complaint would be that we have stayed here many years and the living room furniture is uncomfortable, ugly,and beat up. It needed replacement years ago. They have cut back on some little amenities like having popcorn and hard candy in the room. But, overall a good value for $104 per couples.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank shelynne
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are happy that you are a return guest and find our staff to be friendly and helpful. Providing our guests with a clean room and good service is always our goal.
Regarding the furniture in the room, we realize that it is starting to show some age and we are working on getting some of it replaced.
We hope that you will stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here one night after taking our daughter to college. There were cobwebs (alot) over the bed, the sheets didn't cover the thick mattress and the mattress was visibly dirty.....(I check for bedbugs - always). No bugs but dirt. The clincher was when I stepped barefoot infront of the bathroom sink, I stepped on something sharp - a clipped toe/finger nail!!! UGH!!!! I will never stay there again and recommend no one else do so.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, I had stayed at Residence Inn's before and liked them - the roominess, cleanliness (DC was wonderful) and the free breakfast but never again...atleast not in West Springfield. Fortunately there are lots of hotels to chose from when we need an overnight during the next four years.

Room Tip: Dirty, dirty, dirty - pass this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Seena F
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Please know that we take any and all guest comments very seriously. As you can see by our many wonderful reviews, your recent stay with us was not a typical one. I will surely share your comments with my housekeeping staff to make sure that this sort of thing does not happen again. It is our intention to provide you with a clean and comfortable room, every time you stay with us. We are hoping that you give us another chance to show you what excellent service we are capable of providing. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here. The minuses are: Breakfast area a bit chaotic. I agree with the other comments. Tight fit for the waffle machine, trash cans being full and the juice machine only filling cups 3/4 full (also it sprays). 2nd day I just grabbed a tray and brought the food back to the room, made for a more enjoyable experience. Another minus was the pool and hot tub was closed when we arrived. One of our major reasons for choosing this location was for the pool and hot tub. Rooms clean.. not spotless... and a bit "tired".

The front desk gentleman was wonderful. I didn't get his name but he was the same person on both nights (30th & 31st). He was able to lessen our disappointment. All the staff we came in contact with was pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for giving us your feedback. We are happy that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. Our guests spoke and we are listening. We are currently revamping our breakfast area to make it more convenient, and better functioning. We hope to have this completed by the end of the week.
Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel appears to be very close to I 91 and it is. However it is a little tricky to find. But when you get to the hotel the staff cannot do enough for you. They accommodated our request to change rooms, due to a barking dog, with no hesitation. And with a smile. The desk clerk Jamal was particularly helpful.
The hot and cold breakfast that was served was satisfying and, in fact, hot. I recommend the property.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Retiredonli

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I have shared your review with Jamal and he was very excited to have his name recognized by a guest. You have made his day and he thanks you. At Residence Inn it is our goal to make you feel at home. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

It is conveniently located of I-91 which was perfect for our road trip, we planned to visit Old Sturbridge Village and this was the closest Marriott for us.
Our room was clean and comfortable. We got an upgrade to we had a studio which was huge. Shower room though was a bit small. It was a shower/toilet room, the sink was separate and spacious.
Breakfast area was ok, not too big. There is self service hot/cold breakfast. Good supplies of food for this category of hotel: eggs, patties, oat meal, berries, fresh fruit, pancake/waffle maker, yogurt, milk, juices, coffee. Be aware of the juice machine, it pours 3/4 of liquid in your glass and if you press the button again to fill it, it will pour another 3/4 standard liquid so it will spill :(

Personnel was cordial, but they could improve. The indoor swimming pool had only very small towels, I suggest you bring one from your room, the water temperature was a bit to cold for me.

All was great! The only but, was that our first morning there, while in the shower we found out that there were no shampoo supply!! there was 2 body moisturizers and 1 conditioner - no shampoo at all in both bathrooms! very annoying. Housekeeping needs a bit more of training - just saying.

Room Tip: You can take breakfast to your room or to go, ask the personnel for a container to go :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Oh no! I hear we did not supply your room with shampoo. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I have shared your review with the executive housekeeper and she will share it with the housekeeping staff. In the future, please feel free to call our helpful front desk staff if there is anything you need in your room. We will happily have it delivered to the room for you.
Thank you, and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North

Been to Residence Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!