“Would stay here again”

Residence Inn West Springfield
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed November 30, 2012

A few things made this stay less than perfect: we had to take a 4th fl room even with ground floor request, the AC/Heat unit cycled noisily all night, and housekeeping service was lax (I had to ask for fresh towels, coffee and toiletries two days in a row after room was "cleaned"). The studio apt. was roomy, comfortable, beautifully furnished and equipped with dishes, pots & pans, dishwasher, large fridge, mw and 2 burner stove top. The gas fireplace was easy to use and brought a welcome warm atmosphere. The king bed was very comfortable, but the noise from inconsiderate guests and the heat unit cycling made a good night's sleep only a dream.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Tammy D, Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property, we do make the effort to please all of our guest that stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you would be visiting us again and thank you very much for the feed back on other things that will and can be worked on to improve our location.
Happy Holidays

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn West Springfield

Reviewed November 12, 2012

All the rooms were suites with kitchenettes; better for an extended stay, though perfectly fine for a single night. Suite was new and kept up well, a bedroom and a living room/kitchenette with fold-out bed. We didn't use many of the amenities, but the pool looked nice and there was a basketball court available. Very good free breakfast, with hot items like scrambled eggs (not great, but typical for a place that's not doing individual orders) and waffles. Excellent mini croissants.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely a place for a family to stay: there were a lot of kids around.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
RIWSPRNGM, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to provide every one of our guests with a great stay and I am glad we were able to take care of you during your recent visit to West Springfield, MA. I hope to see you again soon.

Michael MacKenzie
Residence Inn-West Springfield

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night in room 421 on 9/14/12. We were going to The Big E for a couple of days and wanted to stay nearby. The hotel itself was very nice. We did use the indoor pool and hot tub that night. Small, but a nice amenity to have. The breakfast in the morning was better than many others I have had. Lots to choose from including scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, assorted breads, assorted cereals, etc. The OJ was so watered down that it tasted bad. The main problem I had was with the room. Maybe because we used points for a free room? But I think we got the worst / smallest room in the hotel. It was so small inside that all of the furniture did not fit correctly and in order to use the couch as a bed we had to rearrange all of the furniture into the kitchen area. The bed in the bedroom was a queen, not a king and was so tight in there that 2 people did not fit well. There were a few black stains on the carpeting as well. Just not appealing. I would probably come back, but would never stay in room 421 again. Just a huge disappointment! You would think that if we have enough points for free rooms that it would indicate that we are a loyal Marriott person and that they would treat you better. I guess not!

Room Tip: Not NOT get room 421!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I appreciate that you took the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that the size of the room was not to your liking. Room 421 is a one-bedroom suite and does require the movement of some furniture when the pullout sofa is used. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you. Our king studio suite might have been a better fit for you and your family as it has a wide open floor plan and a king bed. I can assure you that we do appreciate your Marriott Rewards Elite status and would never put in you in a smaller room because you had used points. If you are in the area again, please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to help you in any way needed. Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn-West Springfield and I look forward to serving you again!

Michael MacKenzie
Residence Inn-West Springfield

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We used this hotel for a night during a trip to Maine. The hotel is very clean, great rooms with small kitchens, and the staff is very friendly. The included continental breakfast is pretty standard and the free wi-fi is great. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms may be a little more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tammy D, Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

i wanted to take a moment and thank you for your most recent stay here with us at the Residence Inn, and the time that you have taken to leave a great comment on Trip Advisor.

Tammy Davis
Assistant General Manger
Residence Inn

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The rating is for the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. It is not the ritz and there is nothing fancy or outstanding about this place. But it comes with free breakfast, wifi, pool, basketball court that my kids loved and a friendly staff. Some of the cabinets and woodwork in the room were worn, the wall paper was dated, the cot was very uncomfortable even for my young son, but it was clean. Great for our family while we were visiting the basketball hall of fame and six flags.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I really liked this place. Clean and modern. Good value for the money. Friendly staff and comfortable beds made the stay even better. I will stay there again. Only problem was it was hard to find with no signage on the main road. Drove by it the first time.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was so easy to get to this hotel from the highway! And after an extremely long day of travel, we were so thankful to arrive and find a comfortable and well-appointed room. Having the fridge/kitchen area is always helpful as well. We stayed for two nights and loved it. The breakfast, as always, is unsurpassed. I should say that we stayed using points but we did pay $75 (I think) for a pet fee).

My only complaint is that we asked for a room close to an elevator because of some mobility issues I have and because we were traveling with our dog. They put us about as far from the elevator as they could and on the 2nd floor, which was terribly inconvenient. This, after us confirming with the front desk before we went up to the room. By the time I found the room, I was in such bad shape from the long drive and my health that I collapsed on the bed and didn't complain about its location because I didn't have the energy to fight or move to a different location. This is the *only* reason the property didn't get 5 stars from me. I felt they weren't as concerned about customer needs as they should have been.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Residence Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!