“Excellent Hotel and Friendly Staff”

Residence Inn West Springfield
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Torbay
“Excellent Hotel and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We used this hotel for a night during a trip to Maine. The hotel is very clean, great rooms with small kitchens, and the staff is very friendly. The included continental breakfast is pretty standard and the free wi-fi is great. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms may be a little more quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tammy D, Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
i wanted to take a moment and thank you for your most recent stay here with us at the Residence Inn, and the time that you have taken to leave a great comment on Trip Advisor.

Tammy Davis
Assistant General Manger
Residence Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
MA
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The rating is for the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. It is not the ritz and there is nothing fancy or outstanding about this place. But it comes with free breakfast, wifi, pool, basketball court that my kids loved and a friendly staff. Some of the cabinets and woodwork in the room were worn, the wall paper was dated, the cot was very uncomfortable even for my young son, but it was clean. Great for our family while we were visiting the basketball hall of fame and six flags.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I really liked this place. Clean and modern. Good value for the money. Friendly staff and comfortable beds made the stay even better. I will stay there again. Only problem was it was hard to find with no signage on the main road. Drove by it the first time.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was so easy to get to this hotel from the highway! And after an extremely long day of travel, we were so thankful to arrive and find a comfortable and well-appointed room. Having the fridge/kitchen area is always helpful as well. We stayed for two nights and loved it. The breakfast, as always, is unsurpassed. I should say that we stayed using points but we did pay $75 (I think) for a pet fee).

My only complaint is that we asked for a room close to an elevator because of some mobility issues I have and because we were traveling with our dog. They put us about as far from the elevator as they could and on the 2nd floor, which was terribly inconvenient. This, after us confirming with the front desk before we went up to the room. By the time I found the room, I was in such bad shape from the long drive and my health that I collapsed on the bed and didn't complain about its location because I didn't have the energy to fight or move to a different location. This is the *only* reason the property didn't get 5 stars from me. I felt they weren't as concerned about customer needs as they should have been.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Scituate, MA
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed for two nights. They were very accomodating. They allow pets. So three of us with the dog worked out perfectly as they upgraded me for free to a two bedroom suite. I am a platinum member so I'm surethat helped. They not only offered a free multi-option breakfast but a free dinner as well. We did not try the dinner. The one issue was a lack of soundproofing from the rooms above. You could hear everything all night. Overall a good stay. The location is convenient, not upscale at all. There are plenty of dining options around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2012

we loved this hotel. the staff was friendly and helpful. they really tried hard to do everything we wanted. room was nice. facilities nice. could have more things kosher people could eat but the can do attitude of the staff made the stay for us

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rhode Island
Reviewed July 17, 2012

On the "yes, yes" - I was pleasantly surprised, this Residence Inn has very nice room configurations. The decor is contemporary, the room is comfortable and it provides a nice working space. There is a cute outdoor patio and the fitness room is small but well equipped (comparatively speaking). And, this hotel has an elevator (not all Residence Inns have them, really... I have schlepped my suitcase up stairs a few times)!!

On the "no" - this is one of the hottest, most humid spells of the summer. The room AC is not able to keep a west facing room cool, however pilot in the gas fire place is on, and does provide noticeable heat to the room. Surely something can be done to save energy and help keep the room cool.

Weighing the pros and cons, and the value for the price, I will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Residence Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!