“Great location and amenities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn West Springfield

Residence Inn West Springfield
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Davenport, Iowa
“Great location and amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was so easy to get to this hotel from the highway! And after an extremely long day of travel, we were so thankful to arrive and find a comfortable and well-appointed room. Having the fridge/kitchen area is always helpful as well. We stayed for two nights and loved it. The breakfast, as always, is unsurpassed. I should say that we stayed using points but we did pay $75 (I think) for a pet fee).

My only complaint is that we asked for a room close to an elevator because of some mobility issues I have and because we were traveling with our dog. They put us about as far from the elevator as they could and on the 2nd floor, which was terribly inconvenient. This, after us confirming with the front desk before we went up to the room. By the time I found the room, I was in such bad shape from the long drive and my health that I collapsed on the bed and didn't complain about its location because I didn't have the energy to fight or move to a different location. This is the *only* reason the property didn't get 5 stars from me. I felt they weren't as concerned about customer needs as they should have been.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Scituate, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed for two nights. They were very accomodating. They allow pets. So three of us with the dog worked out perfectly as they upgraded me for free to a two bedroom suite. I am a platinum member so I'm surethat helped. They not only offered a free multi-option breakfast but a free dinner as well. We did not try the dinner. The one issue was a lack of soundproofing from the rooms above. You could hear everything all night. Overall a good stay. The location is convenient, not upscale at all. There are plenty of dining options around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

we loved this hotel. the staff was friendly and helpful. they really tried hard to do everything we wanted. room was nice. facilities nice. could have more things kosher people could eat but the can do attitude of the staff made the stay for us

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

On the "yes, yes" - I was pleasantly surprised, this Residence Inn has very nice room configurations. The decor is contemporary, the room is comfortable and it provides a nice working space. There is a cute outdoor patio and the fitness room is small but well equipped (comparatively speaking). And, this hotel has an elevator (not all Residence Inns have them, really... I have schlepped my suitcase up stairs a few times)!!

On the "no" - this is one of the hottest, most humid spells of the summer. The room AC is not able to keep a west facing room cool, however pilot in the gas fire place is on, and does provide noticeable heat to the room. Surely something can be done to save energy and help keep the room cool.

Weighing the pros and cons, and the value for the price, I will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Clermont-ferrand, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Never stayed in a Residence Inn before
I love having a nice and large kitchen with a large fridge and everything.
The room was very well equiped and confortable.
The swimming pool was nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Florida, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here with my parents for one night; we had a one bedroom suite. Everyone was friendly. Check in was no problem. The room was clean. There was a nice outside area with a grill and seating and the pool looked nice. The location is very convenient to the highway. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable and the TV didn’t work – in fairness by the time I realized this it was so late I didn’t want anyone coming in to fix it – so there wasn’t much they could do. Also the sofa bed was not made up and I had to ask twice for the bedding – once before we went out and again when we returned from dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jenks, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here last week.
The hotel was ok and it suited our needs.
The linens for the sleeper were not in the closet as instructions said. We called down to get some delivered and was advised they would get us some. After waiting an hour and not receiving any, we went down ourselves and got the linens. This happened after 9pm. The night person staffed was extremely nice but could not handle everything on his own.
The second day the maid never came. We had to call down for towels.
Both of these things would have been avoided if the maid had done her job.
We got a decent rate for the stay and that's the only reason I did not rate this as poor---although most would.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn
BEST WESTERN Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Residence Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!