“Good Stay”

Residence Inn West Springfield
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed November 13, 2007

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn for the weekend. It was a nice hotel. The location was great for local attractions. Breakfast was the same every morning but the food was good. The pool area was clean and nice to swim in. Even though the hotel was full you would never know. It was quiet and the staff was very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. I really liked the shopping service. You can give them a list of food you want and they will purchase and deliver it at no extra cost.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed August 29, 2007

We had booked four nights, travelling with our teenage daughter from Vermont to Connecticut. Upon check-in we were warned, that recently many cars have been broken into in the area and GPS taken out. Makes you feel comfortable, especially when you are travelling with a car that has the GPS fixed and can´t be removed. Hence we left after two days.
The two bedroom suite was good, some stains on the carpet, but overall clean.
If you don´t care about location, you might consider staying there as it is very near to the highways of the area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2007

diamond in the rough in west springfield. i stayed on business in march. previously i have stayed at the hampton across the street.and for just a few dollars more, the room was twice the size at the residence inn. even the bathroom was much larger. the property is also newer.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2007

DON'T STAY HERE!!!!! I stayed at this hotel with my fiance and ended up checking out to go to another hotel about 10 minutes away. This place is CRAWLING with creepy people, not sure if its because of weekend stay or what. They also have all these government people staying there who are extremely rude, one of which was publicly drunk in the lobby at 6 p.m! It is one of those places thats nice on the outside, HORRID on the inside. Our room was ok, had a faint smell to it like they were trying to cover something nasty up, the clerks were nothing but careless and the overall experience was less than a score of 1 on 1-10. I would NEVER reccomend this property. We checked out hours after checking in and drove around until we found a much nicer facility. Thank goodness!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nascar512
Reviewed October 28, 2006

Stayed 2 nights travelling around Massachusetts. Hotel very convenient for accessing Berkshires and Connecticut. Room was first class with many additional features not seen in some superior rated hotels.
Breakfast choice was more than adequate with agood range of hot and cold items, kept well stocked. The hotel also provides complimentary evening "supper" on 3 nights a week, which was more than acceptable.
The main negative I would make is the difficulty in finding the location, which is not particularly well signed and sits back from US 5. I questioned the front desk, who were extremely helpful in all respects, and they are trying to address this matter.

I would certainly use this hotel again as it provides excellent accommodation at a fair price.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2006

During our fall foliage road trip, we spent one night at the Springfield Residence Inn and was pleasantly surprised.

We arrived in time for their evening reception and couldn't believe it. They had hot dogs & hamburgers with all the fixings, chips, salad, and soda. Heck, why go out for dinner with this kind of spread?

We paid $169 for a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. The room was huge and everyone had plenty of room. My only gripe is that there was not a hair dryer in both bathrooms. While my hair was wet, I ran down to the front desk to get one and was told they would bring it up to me in 15-20 minutes. Well my hair would have dried on it's own by then so I passed.

The breakfast was amazing. They had eggs, potatoes, sausage, bakery items, fruit, juices, and much more.

I do have a word of caution that this hotel could be hard to find if you arrive after the sun goes down. It is situated off the main street and they have absolutely no signs to let you know. I mentioned to the front desk that the sign on the actual hotel building wasn't lit and if it was, it would have been a heck of a lot easier to find. So look for the Red Roof Inn and it is located right behind it

• Stayed: September 2006
Reviewed April 18, 2006

My wife, teenage daughter, and I spent a night at this property. We were touring the 5 colleges near Amherst (Smith, Mt. Holyoke, etc.)and found this convenient. While the hotel's neighborhood is not interesting, it is convenient to freeways (90 and 91) and restaurants.
Our room was very clean and quiet, and the bed comfortable. Our daughter didn't complain once about the pull-out sofa. Free internet service in the room and we used the washers and dryers on the second floor of the three floor property.
We found the staff extremely friendly and accommodating. Example: We asked for a different room because our non-smoking room smelled of smoke; we were switched immediately. The breakfast was one of the nicest I've seen at a hotel of this class; fresh bagels, eggs, sausages, waffles, etc, and loads of fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee and juices.
It's not cheap (our room was listed at $149), but I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank garyho
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Residence Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!