“Tired of Italian, Try Thai”

Shallot Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I begin to wonder how many people pad Tripadvisor ratings? I mean, and no offense, but a donut shop should not be rated on the same list as a sit down restaurant. I won't comment on the current 2nd place other than the service was really poor (as of Sept 2012).

That leaves me with Shallot Thai. Probably in the top 5 independent (not a chain) restaurants in West Springfield. Great Service, great food, incredible value for the money and ok ambiance. But we go for the food. The presentation was wonderful too.

For starters we had Chicken Satay (marinated chicken then grilled on skewers, served with peanut sauce and cucumber sauce)and Mango Roll (mango, cucumber, vermicelli, carrot, basil leaves and chop iceberg lettuce wrapped in rice paper), both had incredible flavor and taste.

I selected Pik King Curry Chicken for my entree and it was a treat! Pad Thai (with Chicken only) was the other one and half came home since the serving was decently large.

Thai custard was shared and a delightful way to end the meal.

So if you tire the the one million Italian restaurants found on every corner, try this Thai one for a change of pace.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went there after a busy day at six flags. To out surprise, there was no crowd on a Saturday night. The food came out quickly and restaurant closed down after we checked out. Food was yumm and the quality was fantastic. Now we know wherevto eat after tiring out at six flags!! We go back again!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Went with my fiancee's family. The place is very small and cozy looking, with about 20 seats. The waiter and waitress there were very energetic and friendly, I liked that a lot. We ordered some pot stickers and I ordered the coconut seafood soup for starters, and then we got Crispy duck, fried beef, red curry and some thing I don't even remember how it is written. It was all very new and good taste (and I loved how it was arranged on the plate looking all nice), but personally for me it was a bit small, even though it was filling (for example, the other places we go to give us about 8 very large pot stickers so it's easier to share with 4 people, but we got 4 really tiny ones so you get one small sample each and that's it).
So I was a bit disappointed as the rave reviews didn't really live up to my expectations (even fiancee said he had better), but I think his mom and dad really liked the new experience, so that's good.
We'd probably come again once in a while.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We've been to Shallot quite a few times, and every time is wonderful. It's a small, nondescript place on a busy road, easy to miss if you're not looking for it. There is no bar, but the food is wonderful. My husband especially likes the Fisherman Treasure, and I really like the Chicken Pineapple. Great addition to West Springfield, which is being overrun with chain restaurants. Shallot is a breath of fresh air.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Small place, not much atmosphere but great food and friendly service!