Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has reason to believe that this property requires its guests to sign a document in which they are forbidden from posting negative comments or reviews on any Internet site, under threat of monetary penalties. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans.

“Great Price”

Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
New York, NY
“Great Price”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I came to west springfield for a business purpose. I was pleased that there is free wireless internet and it worked great. The breakfast was great, a lot of variery and the pool was fun

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank abhatia_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Sunnyside, New York
Reviewed October 12, 2008

Well, you DO get what you pay for. For $59, we got a dirty room, complete with a dead cricket on one of the beds. Seriously, we were worried we were going to get bedbugs the whole time. One of the pillows had a nasty stain you could see through the pillowcase. The toilet bowl looked like it hadn't been scrubbed in a while. The carpet in the hallways and stairwells could have used a good vacuuming. The neighborhood seemed a little sketchy too.

On the plus side -- did I mention it was cheap? The staff were friendly enough.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Zinsu
AktaB, SUPERVISOR at Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield, responded to this review, June 8, 2009
In response to the Yuck comment: I'm sorry you didn't think too muchof our hotel. We do have two floors and the shape of the hotel we can't help. Most people ask for a room close to an exit or entrance and have other special request. I'm sorry you didn't make your's known to us because we would of tired to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Our carpets are cleaned once a month depending on traffic.
Reviewed October 17, 2004

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Regency Inn, in West Springfield, Ma. as we walked through the door we notice a major renovation that was taking place there. As we were checking in, I asked the receptionist if there was going to be any problems, because he had a very long day and we were extremley tired, she rest assured that everything was fine. Well 10pm comes and the hammering and drilling started, I waited for an hour and it was still going on, so I called the front desk and there was no answer, so I got dressed and went to the desk and rang and rang the buzzer, after 20mins. of waiting I went back to the room and put up with the hammering and drilling until 2am. The next morning as we were checking out and I was telling the receptionist what a horrible night we had, the lady pointed me towards the owner and I went to him and display my frustration and the only response he made after hearing my complaint was, i'll check into that and to have a nice day!....I want to strangle him, but thought better of it. WE WILL NEVER stay at another REGENCY INN EVER!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2004

We had booked three nights at the Regency and left after one. The place is in awful shape... dirty, dark, and in ill repair. Yes they are in the process of renovation, but they should be ashamed to rent out the rooms that they have available. The pool was unusable, the lobby almost empty of furniture and the hallways dusty and badly lit. The outside "security" doors had broken locks. The room we were in had badly soiled carpets, peeling wall paper and a rusting, dirty bathroom.

We saw several other couples leave early or decide not to stay after checking in. The staff were very nice and very apologetic, but there was nothing they could do. As it now stands this hotel is an absolute disgrace and should be avoided at all costs.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 30, 2003

I've been in the hotel for 3 nights. The building is very old and it is not in a great shape. The rooms are big and clean, and I can't stay they weren't comfortable, but it's a 1-2 stars hotel, they charged me 90$/night before tax, I wouldn't pay more than 65$.

The staff were nice and helpful, and the location is very good (2 minutes from springfield center, 1 minute from the highway).

The breakfast is really bad, but the 24 hours service of a nice coffee machine and juice machine is a nice gesture.

The inner pool looks beautiful, it is old, but it is designed very nicely and I would love to test it - only it was closed because of authorization problems. I was told daily that it would be fixed - but it was kept close.

The neighbourhood is a little shabby, not a great place to walk at night.

summary: - Expensive. - very old. - clean and big rooms. - nice staff.
- bad breakfast. - good location for transportation.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield? Share your experiences!