Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has reason to believe that this property requires its guests to sign a document in which they are forbidden from posting negative comments or reviews on any Internet site, under threat of monetary penalties. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans.

“The value of Hospitality”

Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Henniker, New Hampshire
“The value of Hospitality”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

BV is a remarkable host with the highest regard for his guests. It is unusual to meet someone so focused on really caring for his guests. We were there as exhibitors at the Big E for three nights and what a surprise to return after the show each day and find supper prepared - for no additional charge. His staff is friendly and has adopted his eagerness to please. We truly felt welcome.

Room Tip: Room 248 is right over the stairs so you will hear a certain amount of coming and going...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CMills M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Surry, Virginia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I can not say enough good about the Regency, the staff and my over all experience with
our stay there. The people go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. I travel
a few times a year with my family and stay in different places, but I have never been
treated as nice as everyone is at the Regency. I not only would highly recommend
this place to everyone, young and old, but I won't stay anywhere else when I am in that area.
We have been staying there for a few year's now and I can't wait for our next visit.
Very sincerely,
Cyndee Carroll from Maine

Room Tip: I have stayed in a number of their rooms and I like them all.But I like the front side room's
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cyndee C
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 26, 2013

At first glance a few things are a bit run down, but the hospitality makes up for it.
It is run by a middle eastern family (NOT a chain!!!) who make every effort to make sure you have everything you need.
The beds are comfortable, the linen is clean and the continental breakfast is generous.
For 2 years in a row now I have stayed there for Equine Affaire. I arrive on Thursday and leave on Sunday.
Every Thursday thru Saturday they serve a delicious supper! Not advertised!!!
Thursdays was a beautiful buffet with Chicken wings, dumplings, spring greens salad, pasta, meatballs and rolls.
On Friday they served Tacos with everything you can imagine to put into a taco! I don't eat tacos so we went out for Pizza. But then served a traditional Indian dessert. Sorry I don't remember what its called, but it was real good.
Saturdays we always visit the Monte Carlo, so not sure what was served that night.
I do wish the pool was open a bit later because by the time you return from your day out, have dinner and are ready to swim, the lights are going out. This equals very disappointed kids!!!

Room Tip: The room prices are a bit steep, but as for the convenience to the Big E, it can't be beat! The...
2 Thank Nora R
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Picked this location because it came highly recommended and was close to the ESE. This was our first visit to the Regency and at first sight, I thought it might be our last. When we first pulled up and I saw the outside of the building and the neighborhood I thought I had made a mistake booking here. Once were inside, we were warmly welcomed by the staff and this continued throughout our weekend (each time we returned). Every night we were met with a dinner buffet and home-made desserts, each morning there was a large breakfast buffet, and a variety of whole fruits and assorted beverages available all-day. As I said to my husband the first night, "the rooms are a bit tired (could use a bit of an update) but they are extremely clean!" The bed was very comfortable. Our room was large and quiet. The one issue I had in our room was that the coffee/fridge area was not well lit. A recessed light (overhead) with a light switch (on the wall) would complete this area nicely. There was free WiFi which made the kids very happy. We didn't get the chance to use the pool as we were out from early morning until late at night. Overall we were very happy with this place and will be back! Before we left we booked our 2014 dates!

2 Thank DSL112013
Fairlee, Vermont
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is the 4th year of staying at The Regency, I stay twice a year with friends, once in September for the Big E and again in November for the Equine Affair. BV and the staff are wonderful, they make you feel welcome and treat you like old friends.
They offer breakfast daily and the options include waffles, english muffins, toast, bagels, hard boiled eggs, bread, fruit, coffee, tea, and juice. There is also drinks and fruit out all day for the guests.
Every year there is dinner for the guests when we get back to the hotel, it varies each night with a great selection and this year when we got back from Fantasia they had home made desserts!!
The first night it was an layered bar with a creamy center and a crispy topping, I wish I could remember the name, the second night was baklava. Both desserts were exceptional. I have traveled a lot and never have the hotel owners provided home baked food for us.
The rooms are always clean and nicely decorated. With microwave, fridge, coffee maker, large TV, and most rooms even have a couch. They are very responsive if you need anything for your room, like extra towels or blankets. Each year they are improving, this year there were alarm clocks in the room that you can put your Ipod or Iphone in and listen to your own music. They also now have the exercise room almost completed.
I have already booked my rooms for 2014 and we tell all our friends about it. This is the only place I would suggest to stay if you are going to the BIG E, I have stayed in other hotels in the area and they did not even come close to the service we receive at the Regency.

1 Thank Sally C
connecticut
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice during the Big-E, once in 2012, and again in 2013. We have already made our reservations for 2014. We own a few timeshares, and have gotten spoiled by having our own little apartment when we go away. We are therefore usually very disappointed when we have just a room. This was not the case with The Regency. The first year I booked it, I did it online. When we pulled up to the front of the building, I thought I had made a big mistake. It does not look like much from the outside, and I thought we were in for a rough couple of nights. The first thing that made me feel good was that we were shown to our room, rather than just told where it was. This was the first time I had experienced this, and it really is a nice touch. It makes you feel very welcome. The rooms are very large, they are spotless, and the tv's are all updated. However, the best thing about this hotel is the owner, BV, and how he makes you feel when you stay there. The first night we were there, we stopped and got a pizza on our way back from the fair. Little did we know that each night of the fair, BV provides dinner for anyone staying at the hotel. He chided us for getting the pizza, and said that no one in his hotel goes hungry. He knows that people get tired of fair food, so each night he offers something different for his customers to dine on. This was the first time I had seen this done, and it just shows how much he cares about his customers. The location is perfect, as you can walk right out the door, and down about a block, and you're at the gate of the fair.
I have recommended this to everyone I know, and as far as my husband and I are concerned, this is the only choice for the Big-E.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alriseb
New Rochelle, NY
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was my 26th year going to the Big E and my 4th year staying at Regency Inn & Suites when BV took over ownership. I'm almost as excited at seeing what's new at the hotel as I am going to the Big E. During the Big E I stayed at the hotel twice. For a total of nine nights.

The room was clean and towels were changed daily. There is a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker with coffee in every room. The mattresses and pillows are so comfortable I wanted to stay in bed. The flat screen TV can be seen from all angles in the room. The fitness center is not finished yet. They finally got approval to put up the exterior wall where the fitness center will be. In the mean time there is exercise equipment in what will eventually be a meeting room.

The food served is amazing. Continental breakfast with waffles, English muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, bread, fruit, coffee, tea, and juice. There is both iced and hot coffee and fruit available all day. During the Big E a different dinner is available for guests every night. They also have food for vegetarians. Some of the meals included sandwiches, pasta, meatballs, chicken, salads, pizza, and many other delicious meals. There was so much food.

Even better then the food and facility is the magnificent staff. The customer service is wonderful. The employees know the guests by name and cheerfully greet everyone.
On my first visit I was warmly welcomed by BV, Sue and Mega. On my second stay Sue and Nataliia checked me in. On both visits I was treated like family and not just a guest. I also met Akshar, Dika and Nawal (the cook). Everyone would chat with me and other guests. I consider all of them friends.

I already booked my stay for 2014. I can't wait to go back to see my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield? Share your experiences!