Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has reason to believe that this property requires its guests to sign a document in which they are forbidden from posting negative comments or reviews on any Internet site, under threat of monetary penalties. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans.

“Will gladly stay here again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield

Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Will gladly stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

2 adults and 1 child stayed here 09/28/12 thru 09/30/12. Arrived tired and hungry after driving thru the rain for hours. Was warmly greeted and cared for, for our entire stay. Our biggest "complaint" with the facility was a paper jam for my receipt. See - I am taking a minor minor trivial non-issue and that is the only thing I could complain about. And that's not the fault of the staff. :) I'm making a joke, because I really had zero to complain about!

Seriously, upon arrival we were fed a fabulous banquet of tacos or burritos. There was meat filling and bean veggie filling for those who are vegetarian. Plentiful, flavorful and completely a surprise. Tons and tons and tons of delicious items to add to the tacos or buritos. That was friday night. Saturday night, I don't know what was on the buffet, because we stayed very late at the Big-E.

The room was well maintained and very clean. The linens were fresh and clean. The towels were fresh and clean. The room had zero odor. The carpet did not feel grubby or sticky or nasty.

My daughter had a wonderful time in the pool. We had to request extra towels after the pool excursion because she used all the room towels, instead of the pool towels. A large stack of fresh towels were handed over very cheerfully.

The room was very quiet. I heard zero noise from any outside or inside location.

I have nothing but praise for the hard work and dedication the owner and staff put into this location. They care, and it shows.

This is not a brand new location and it shows. But, I dont mind if the wall paper has a patch because they replaced the bathroom vanity. I'd rather have a nice sink and vanity rather than picture perfect wall paper. You can tell they are prioritizing and improving in a intelligent manner.

If you want a concierge and butler and turn down service, don't stay here. If you want value for money, and a warm welcome at your arrival, do stay here.

Nothing less than five stars for value, for service, for attentiveness, for treating you as if you are a valued family member.

I may go back when nothing is happening at the Eastern States Expo Center just to float in the pool.

Room Tip: Room 116 was a great room for us. It was located in the back.
4 Thank Jeff Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Southington, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was a little surprised reading the very negative reviews and it's possible this hotel changed ownership since they were posted. The manager and staff were absolutely 100% respectful, friendly and went above and beyond what we expected. We received a very nice greeting upon arrival and were able to check in a bit early. The rooms were very large and clean. Nice sheets, towels, etc. - nothing dirty at all. We had 5 people in 3 separate rooms and not one of us had a complaint. Each room had a mini-refrigerator, coffee maker and 2 of the rooms had hot plates. Nice big tv, air conditioning was great. We didn't expect to walk in from a long day at the Big E to find a huge taco spread, which was a nice surprise. Nice breakfast in the morning too. The other hotel guests also seemed very comfortable in the lobby where the buffet and breakfast was served and everyone appeard to be very "at home", as we did. The hotel is older but certainly not run down and was very clean. We were all very comfortable here, plan to stay again next year and do recommend it.

3 Thank JackiKC
Fishers Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have stayed in a number of hotels, some costing considerably more, and never been treated as wonderful as we were at this hotel. Rooms clean, big and comfortable, the staff very friendly and treated us as if we were family. Enjoyed our stay so much can't wait to find things to do other than the Big E in area just to go back. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone staying in the area. It is a real gem!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FIIslander
Natick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We just go back from going to the Big E. This hotel is right across from the Big E which worked out well as we could go for a while then take a break and go back later in the day. The person that greeted us was very friendly and we were actually able to get in our rooms earlier than expected. Actually everyone we met at the hotel was friendly The rooms were clean and big. The pool is in the center of the building with easy access from our room. I would recommend this to anyone that is going to the Big E or any other events going on in that area.

3 Thank maineshell
Nyack, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The building was hot. The room with a jacuzzi had a separate shower about 6inches wide. Im 140pounds and i could not get into it. The AC did not work. The fridge was not cold (same temp as room)... definitely health hazard , the manager speaks to women like they are brainless. 6 women complained along with myself and we all finally checked our families out. They spray paint items outside your room. The dumbhole had machines outside to workout. It looks like a run down drug house . Lots-of things had to be out of city code . I think the city needs to shut them down!!!!! Very unsafe place to stay. The manager's answer to everything is you can always leave. To make things worse the manager made chauvinistic remarks. He also made borderline racial comments about "you people" . I kept asking.. i am the only one in the lobby, who are "you people"? I will never support any business that at best appears prejudice towards gender, race, or any discriminatory entity. I will educate as many as possible. This is the united states and we all have basic human rights and deserve equal level of respect. We paid with American Dollars just like everyone else.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Its not worth it. Many hotels in the area are just as comparable in price and 90...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank T o
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Outside looked bad had a bad feign when pulled in the parking lot!! But thought can't judge a book by the cover upon entering father sleeping on couch in lobby!! Immediately asked if not satisfied could I get a refund because had reserved online and this dump was not what there web site looked like must have cropped pictures!!! Ended up just putting keys on counter and to them not staying here walked by indoor pool which was very very dirty and smelled like pee!!! Gonna try 2 get a return charge on my credit card!!!! If cant learned a valuable lesson font book hotel online without it being a big popular chain!!!! Of u will get bed bugs!!!! Also cost was 98&sum change!! Huge rip off wouldn't have stayed for free went and paid 113.oo at comfort inn so so so much betta should have just booked there ;(

• Stayed May 2012
9 Thank Dedication1
ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I were returning to upstate NY from a weekend in Boston. We wanted to find a place just to sleep for the night that had a jaccuzi. The girl at the Hilton desk recommended this gem(thanks). Place is very old and run down. Walls are like paper, we were woke twice by the neighbors dog barking(12:15am& 2:30am). We could actually hear the neighbor lady coughing and having conversation. I woke around 4:30am freezing(and I do not like hot temp). I walked to desk and told the guy how my night was going, and he said I should have called him about the dog barking twice, what's the matter with me? of course he would have been able to get the dog to stop barking the two times it did for about 20 seconds each time, just long enough to wake us. As for the heat, he said someone had complained that it was too hot and they turned it down to 70 degrees,lol.....his solution was to give me a portable space heater from the lobby. Is that even legal? Fire hazzard!!! Of course he was kind enough to offer me a donut or sandwich before i went back to the room, 4:30am. I must say though the bed was comfortable, but was'nt worth the $145 after tax price. Needless to say we left at 5am. It's amazing what you do when your very tired. Please do not be a sucker like me and stay someplace else. Although if you are looking for some old restaurant booths and other junk you can find it there.......

Room Tip: Choose a different place!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank wjh282
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn
BEST WESTERN Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield? Share your experiences!