Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has reason to believe that this property requires its guests to sign a document in which they are forbidden from posting negative comments or reviews on any Internet site, under threat of monetary penalties. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans.

“Absolutely not suitable vey dirty dirty and should be condemned !!!!”

Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
“Absolutely not suitable vey dirty dirty and should be condemned !!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Outside looked bad had a bad feign when pulled in the parking lot!! But thought can't judge a book by the cover upon entering father sleeping on couch in lobby!! Immediately asked if not satisfied could I get a refund because had reserved online and this dump was not what there web site looked like must have cropped pictures!!! Ended up just putting keys on counter and to them not staying here walked by indoor pool which was very very dirty and smelled like pee!!! Gonna try 2 get a return charge on my credit card!!!! If cant learned a valuable lesson font book hotel online without it being a big popular chain!!!! Of u will get bed bugs!!!! Also cost was 98&sum change!! Huge rip off wouldn't have stayed for free went and paid 113.oo at comfort inn so so so much betta should have just booked there ;(

• Stayed May 2012
9 Thank Dedication1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
ny
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I were returning to upstate NY from a weekend in Boston. We wanted to find a place just to sleep for the night that had a jaccuzi. The girl at the Hilton desk recommended this gem(thanks). Place is very old and run down. Walls are like paper, we were woke twice by the neighbors dog barking(12:15am& 2:30am). We could actually hear the neighbor lady coughing and having conversation. I woke around 4:30am freezing(and I do not like hot temp). I walked to desk and told the guy how my night was going, and he said I should have called him about the dog barking twice, what's the matter with me? of course he would have been able to get the dog to stop barking the two times it did for about 20 seconds each time, just long enough to wake us. As for the heat, he said someone had complained that it was too hot and they turned it down to 70 degrees,lol.....his solution was to give me a portable space heater from the lobby. Is that even legal? Fire hazzard!!! Of course he was kind enough to offer me a donut or sandwich before i went back to the room, 4:30am. I must say though the bed was comfortable, but was'nt worth the $145 after tax price. Needless to say we left at 5am. It's amazing what you do when your very tired. Please do not be a sucker like me and stay someplace else. Although if you are looking for some old restaurant booths and other junk you can find it there.......

Room Tip: Choose a different place!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank wjh282
Columbia, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed here the previous weekend for the Amherst Model Railroad show. Our stay was 2 nights. When we checked in Friday evening we noticed the room was unusually warm (the weather was quite mild for Jan in MA). No thermostat was found! The only way to cool the room was a box fan! Our room opened up to the pool so opening the door was not an option. There were wires stretched up the walls and across the ceiling for the internet, phone and cable. No clock in the room and no cups in the bathroom. Each time I went to the front desk to say something no one was ever there. When there was someone at the desk to help with check in/check out they were incompetent and unfriendly.The breakfast was pitiful...bagels, english muffins, cereal and waffles. Warm juice and milk sat on the counter. The coffee was terrible. Also the door opening to the pool would not shut properly or lock. The security bar was weak at best. There was also a large gap under the main door that let it all the hallway/lobby noise. There was no counter space in the bathroom at all. It appears housekeeping did the bare minimum to clean the room. Not sure they vaccummed the floors or cleaned the bathroom. For a hotel that recently underwent a renovation (they offered us a special deal at last year's show for booking early) it was an extremely disappointing stay. Needless to say we will not be staying at this hotel again and I will be sure to let those in charge at the Amherst Model Railroad society know of our disappointment in this hotel so it can be removed from their "suggested hotels" list.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Lisa L
Vermont
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I arrived with a large group for the Equine Affair at the Big E Nov. 10-12.
Positives: Location makes it possible to just walk over to the Big E. Owners appear to be sincerely nice people. Owner fixed a problem with the sheets immediately when brought to her attention.
Negatives: Hotel is VERY run down, and yes the car port is filled with junk. Severely worn carpet, unfinished paint jobs on the doors, cracked tiles, in need of updating. Housekeeping is terrible. The carpets do not appear to have been vaccuumed, dirt on the walls, cobwebs on the ceilling, and the room was basically unclean. The worst was the bathroom with a toilet filled with stale urine. I almost became ill when I went to flush it and decided that I would wait the two days and just shower when I got home. Also, the toilet would not flush unless you held the handle down and it also had a leak that spilled out onto the floor when flushed. (glad I was not in the room below) The inside of one of the sheets had some sort of caked on food or something that apparently did not come off in the wash. Are they trying to save money by not using hot water? The bed, though comfortable, did not make up for the noise of the refridgerator, the automatic air freshner, the trains or the noise in the hallway. The included 'breakfast' was to be avoided and the microwave would not work at the same time as the waffle iron and we apparently kept tripping the fuses as the lights were on and off. I made sure I took anything of value with me throughout the day as I did not trust the wiring and had concerns about the building burning down. Finally, there was an issue with the bill. The price quoted was not the price on the final bill. The explanation given to my friend was that they made a mistake when quoting her the rate and that it was really the highter rate as they just do not offer the lower rate. Did they then honor the rate quoted? Nope.
I had a good time and was with great people. If I had been there on my own, I would have never checked in and I will not stay there next year.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank midwkdiscountseeker
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2011

this place is disgusting and their service is terrible!!! they openly store old furniture and scrap metal in a carport where you park your cars. i made a reservation a month in advance and drove 3 hours to get there . i called a ton of hotels asking them all if they have a room or suite bg enough for 6 adults. finally, i found this place and their customer device rep was excited to help. he told me they have a 4 bed room (not a 4 bedroom) and that we could all stay there for $150. i was excited and booked the room. i specifically asked him if he would charge us any more than the quote he gave me and he said "no" he also said the 6 people were not a problem and that the price he gave me was the total. he talked about how comfortable we would be in the big room with the four beds. i agreed. when we got to the hotel the first thing we saw was a run down note lin an akward location in the bad part of town. i figured whatever we have a sweet room! when we got to the desk a very rude middle-aged man told me that he had me down for a 1 bed room for 2 adults. i had him double check and he rudely confirmed.i told him (nicely i swear!) about the agreement i had made with the other guy over the phone. he shouted at me "i wouldn't have done that. no one here would do that! that rooms gone now its gone. everyone knows in october its gone. you should have known. i was like what the heck! this guys serious. he also told me he could give me two rooms but that it would be an extra $120 for the four adults over their max 2. needless to say i told him to save his breath and left. in the end we were late of everything for the rest of our weekend because we had to find another hotel and drive to it. this place is awful. really don't go to it. find a place in chikopee.

Room Tip: don't go here!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank RJ M
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This was my first experience with a smaller, homier type of motel. My secretary usually books me into large well-known hotels for 3 weeks. I come here for business at the Big E every single year, but I never realized this operation even existed. It is a great place directly across from the entrance I had to get in which allowed me to sleep in little longer. Much appreciated not having to fight through unregulated traffic. I had the type of breakfast I receive at the Wyndham chain. They had some enormous bananas with their waffles. The rooms were surprisingly large and wi-fi acces in rooms which is much needed for business travelers. Relaxed in the indoor pool in the evenings. Staff friendly, rooms clean, spa amenties.The manger was kind enough to order food for all of the Big E business people each and every single evening at no extra cost. While I enjoy my well-known chains, I'm quite sure that this was the above and beyond experience only to be had in a smaller place.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room. You can have direct access to the pool from the rooms which is enjoyable
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank dom l
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I was reluctant when I booked my room after only my online information - but I can honestly say my room was clean and large. The hotel may be family run giving it more of a B and B feel. The pool looks clean and cared for. The furnishings are humble - but you are getting a deal; very clean and well cared for with friendly service, not luxury. Latitudes is a fine dining restaurant promoting local farmers within a short walk.

• Stayed September 2011
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield? Share your experiences!