“Eclectic and Fun!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Eclectic and Fun!”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

So I've lived in New England for 8 years, and always heard about the Big-E, but never went. This year was the year, my friend and I were desperate for a "State-Fair" atmosphere, but I was blown away by the myriad of activities for the Big-E.
The circus, midway, food, Storrowton, it was all really amazing. The best thing to do if buy food vouchers though, and online in advance you can get $10 of coupons for only $8. Also, definitely visit the Avenue of the States, amazing food, and you'll learn a lot about conservation efforts and businesses from each New England state. The ticket prices were very reasonable($12) and parking is $10. I suggest going on a weekday though, because the crowds (read traffic) are considerably different from a Thursday to a Friday even, I dread to think of Saturday afternoon.

1 Thank sparkenlight

Stoughton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not all it is cracked up to be!!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I have always wanted to go to the Big E ,Finally daughter and grandson in toe we take the almost two hour drive we were not discouraged with the 45 minute traffic jam (It is all part of the experience right?) Well after parking and walking a bit of a distance we arrive and holy crap !!!! what a huge cluster of disorganization we stood in what was somewhat of a line waiting anxiously to see the circus and after about 30 minutes we are told by some passer buyers oh the circus is full well OK we will see the next one 3 hours later and you guessed it the same thing no organized line no communication I mean come on for something this big you think they could come up with A LINE!!!!!! And why was it that after waiting for what seemed like forever with my very tired 3 yr old grandson he could not drive the HELICOPTER because after all the front seats were taking and I asked If we could just wait till the next one we were told no ,you have to go on now ,I mean really after we already waited why was it such in issue??????

1 Thank hunter2-10
Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A MUST SEE”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Great fun! Looking for a great attraction the Big E in West Springfield is the place to be!

1 Thank Acer93
Brockton, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for younger Children”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Best to attend Mon-Thurs to avoid crowds and traffic. Also, significant savings and incentives attending these days.

1 Thank cc02301
Chester, VA
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Another Fair !”
Reviewed October 4, 2009

While on a bus trip we were able to take in the Big E. I was not impressed with it at all. Don't know really what I expected but left feeling if you've been to one fair you've pretty much been to them all. Nothing spectacular.