“Asian food at its best”

Tokyo Asian Cuisine
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I didn't want to leave our hotel so we were able to have dinner here because it is attached to the hotel. Food, (soup & sushi) were really great. We have eaten in many Asian places, but this one is at the very top of the list. Service is very good, decor was also outstanding. Great place for family and friends.

There are newer reviews for Tokyo Asian Cuisine

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I go just about once a week with my father for lunch and I've never had a bad meal here, in fact my dad never liked sushi until he tried it here and now he can't get enough of the stuff. The chefs are always friendly and they work magic with anything they're making, they're also very personable and will on occasion offer something that's particularly fresh, last time it was a live scallop that Ivan so artfully presented. The Summer Roll is a must, it's a chef special that's not even on the menu, but you can't go wrong with anything you get, its all good!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Found myself for the night in West Springfield to avoid the mega snow storm after Christmas, rolled into town and passed this place. I was impressed that it actually has real Japanese looking chef making the sushi on the spot. I ordered Alaska Maki and Tekka Maki, they are great, more fish than other Japanese place I had been to. The Chicken Terriyaki is served with rice and miso soup or salad. The chicken is tasty, but it comes with onion, which makes it kind of like Chinese food... It is ok for a snowy cold night.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been to some of the so-called 'best' sushi places in the US, but this one outshines them all. I asked head sushi chef Ivan to make whatever he wanted. He did a beautiful, super fresh scallop on lime wedges that was beyond fantastic! He next created the Amanda roll with the colorful bird on a flowering branch made up of different flavored sauces that complimented the roll perfectly. So gorgeous I didn't want to eat it.
I've been here several times in the last three years and it has always been outstanding. Ivan has worked in Florida and NYC, but has settled in Springfield, MA for whatever reason. We are the luckier for it.
Will be back again for sure as long as he is there.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

One of the other reviewers must have had a bad night, for the sushi was fantastic and unusual. Get the "Amanda Roll", awesome, and their Thai Lemon grass/basil soup, so good. Sushi Chefs very freindly and speak very well. It was a fun night at the sushi bar!