“They have basically stolen money from me”

Cape Cod Claddagh Inn
and 1 more site!
Cape Cod Claddagh Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 West Harwich B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“They have basically stolen money from me”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Over this summer, my girlfriend and I booked a room for two nights over the holiday weekend. While on our way to the Inn we received a call from the owner who informed us that our room had been double booked due to complications with hotels.com. We frantically scrambled to find another Inn (we did, we got lucky). We were told we would be issued a refund. Attempting to collect the refund, we were told to contact hotels.com. When we did, we were informed that the Claddagh would not agree that a refund was due to us. When we then attempted (many times) to resolve this issue with the owner, she outright lied to us, claiming that the room was never double booked and would not issue a refund. Furthermore, during every interaction over the phone, the owners were beyond terrible to deal with and they hung up on us multiple times. Hotels.com has been equally ineffective in helping us. I. Am. Livid.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank JetSetInStyle

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Check in was weird. No front desk, keys were in the door in the room. No shower head in the shower, no sound on tv, no smoke detector in room, no free breakfast, no wi-fi. Room had ac unit in window& we had to stuff paper towels in the gaps to prevent anything from crawling in! Never saw anyone from management except maintenance worker and cook -once. Pool was closed per the board of health dept. Very disappointing and would not recommend this place to anyone. Mr & Mrs M.

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank Manj977

Travelers are raving about these West Harwich hotels

dallas
Reviewed August 30, 2013

No Service, No Comfort, No Kidding. We wandered through the empty house upon arrival and finally found someone at the bar out back. We were told our room number and that was basically the only interaction we had with the staff for the two night stay. I did ask the Owners son for a softer pillow after the first night and was told "he would see what he could do". I never heard from him again. Our room was over the bar, which was open until 1:00 am. There is nothing as frustrating as trying to sleep and hearing a bunch of idiots outside your window whooping it up. Apparently this bar has a group of regulars that keep this place alive. We arrived back at the room after our second day to find that there was no maid service. The "Inn" was dingy and gross, luckily it was my Dad and I ....my wife would not have stayed here. The mattress nearly caused us to miss our second day as my Dad's back was twisted form the poor quality mattress. The only reason we did stay is because we had prepaid. The first morning we came down for breakfast at 9:45. We had been told that breakfast was served at 9:30. We met another guest who was told 8:30, and yet another who were told 10:00. Needless to say, none were correct. There was no breakfast being served up to and including 10:00 when we left. Do yourself and your family a favor...stay anywhere else. This place is a dump.

Room Tip: If you are unfortunate to stay here, do not stay in rooms 4, 5, or 6 as they are directly over the b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank mike h
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My friend stayed there the other night because we had
company and had no extra room. She talked about
being bitten either by spiders or bedbugs. When she
told the lady in charge she was insulting. Food was
on the verge of being bad. Don't know why the board of
health doesn't do something about this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Ramashiva
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I booked through Priceline based on their pitch. When I arrived I was greeted by the bartender - yes, the rooms are above a bar. Our room was small, full of cobwebs and the sink wasn't working. The ceiling fan had mix of compact fluorescent and incandescent bulbs (absolutely tacky!) and two were burned out. Worst of all, the hallway outside the room had Christmas decorations - in August - and a vase with flowers that had been dead for months. The pool was also closed. I checked the West Harwich city web site. The health department closed the pool twice. Their liquor license was revoked at least once, there were several police reports and even a complaint about animals on the property!

We drove around for two hours before we found another room.

Priceline won't refund my money. They told me twice "we check the cleanliness and reputation of all the properties we represent. Bunk!!!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Paytone
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place was not awful but it was far from great. The check in/out process was a bit weird. You kind of just walk up and the key is in the door and you just leave it there when you are done. The price is 150 a night but they dont really do anything to earn that money. Our room was never cleaned up between days and the place was pretty dingy when we got there in the first place. I do have to say that the staff was really nice. They had a nice little tiki bar oustide that was kind of a dump but also a perfect escape from the outside. The girl that runs it is the owners grandkid and she is really nice. The noise on the weekend was pretty loud due to the bar downstairs but i didnt really mind since i was so tired. One positive thing is that they allow dogs and nobody else in that area does. I think if i was a little younger and wanted to rage out a bit this place would be so great but it just gets and average instead. I wish it was a little cleaner and i would have been really happy with it. Didnt try any of the food because of the cleanliness.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank autosap3
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was having Confirmed Booking With Expedia at this place on 5 th July Independence day weekend. Reached there at 9.30 PM in night with my wife. After ringing the door bell for 5-6 times the land lady came and did not even open the door. Was talking from inside door I showed her my reservation she said "I Don't know any Company by name Expedia" I was stunned. I called expedia for problem they tried calling her 7-8 times she did not even received there calls. On top of that she told me before us a Pregnant women came with her child I did not even gave her any room. I called each and every Motel and Bread and Break fat place in 15 Miles Radius all were full. So I have to go back to New Jersey which was a 6 Hrs drive in night I reached home at 7 AM in morning. I had many booking rented a car all was waste and my first long week end with my wife was waste. My wife was so sad she will remember this for rest of her life. I had never seen any lady so rude. Don't even try to book this place really bad people.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Cod Wishing Well
Cape Cod Wishing Well
#5 of 7 in West Harwich
The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn

Been to Cape Cod Claddagh Inn? Share your experiences!