“Old, outdated, quiet location”

Commodore Inn Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 West Harwich B&B and Inns
Cleveland
“Old, outdated, quiet location”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stayed 2 nights at the Commodore in August, 2010. It was expensive and I was hoping for more. It is quiet and close to a beach. It is worn and outdated. The bed was uncomfortable and made noises when you turned over or sat on it. The back of the dresser was broken. The cushions on the chairs, both outside and in, were dirty and needed to be replaced. There were stains on the carpet. Breakfast was fine, buffet style. The Cape is expensive in general but I certainly was disappointed with our stay at the Commodore. It really needs to be renovated.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank barbcleveland

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
naples, fl
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed 4 nites at this attractive inn. It's kinda like an old motel, about 20 rooms surrounding a pool and a short walk to a small, well maintained beach. Very family oriented and there were many families with young kids. They serve a very good and large breakfast which we ate out side by the pool, so save room for that. Located in Harwich so it's pretty central to many other quaint towns and restaurants. We would recommend it highly and the staff & owners were acommodating.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
tiggermyron
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This motel-style Cape Cod "resort" gets 5 stars. Not for the rooms themselves, which are simple, clean with comfortable beds and basic amenities (fridge,micro,etc.) and could use some minor freshening up. This resort receives 5 stars for the wonderful atmosphere the hosts create and the little extras provided! The complimentary breakfast (served daily, tax and gratuity not included) was plentiful, delicious and with variety. Make sure to order Fiona's scones from your server...well worth the minor additional charge. Delicious!!! In July, the gorgeous hydrangea bushes were in full bloom throughout the property and the large courtyard with tables, chairs and umbrellas made for a perfect setting for outdoor breakfast or relaxing. The shuffleboard court, pool with toys and complimentary DVD's were fun. They also had a small bar which served margaritas and coffee. Beach chairs,umbrellas and beach carts are provided for the very short walk to Earle Road Beach (although we and others did bring some of our own things). In season, the beach attendant was extremely friendly and ithe town has a complimentary sand wheelchair for disabled visitors and does have lifeguards. The warm shallow waters of Nantucket Sound were beautiful for swimming and the beach has some great seashells. We had a car and found it a perfect location for touring other parts of the Cape. We travelled with seniors and children and everyone had a wonderful time!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PA
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We just returned from staying at this lovely inn. First, the place was spotless/immaculately clean (even behind furniture, which I happened to notice when I dropped something). We stayed in a room that had 2 queen beds, a refrigerator, microwave and it was lovely. The rooms open up to the heated outdoor pool.

Flora and her family (the owners) are just lovely. They took the time to talk w/ everyone in our tour group. One of the days, I came down w/ a bug of some sort and couldn't go on the tours planned for the last day. Flora checked on me and even fixed me tea, muffins and a wonderful little lunch. She delivered it to my room and was always available if I needed anything at all.
The food was delicious to say the least and the scones are to die for. If you visit, you can order scones to take home with you. I would highly suggest doing that. My kids devoured them within a few hours of being home and I'm sad that I didn't buy more.
We were there to celebrate my mom's 75th bday and her being free of ovarian cancer for 15 years and I spoke with Fiona (one of the other owners and Flora's daughter) about having a birthday cake made for my mom. She made the most delicious, beautiful sandcastle cake and we had a wonderful celebration.
I can not say enough about these folks. THEY helped make this one of the most enjoyable, relaxing vacations I have had. And the inn is within walking distance to the beach (the water was very calm). When you step from their driveway onto the road to go to the beach, you can see the water so it is very close.

When we left, we all cried because we were leaving dear friends that were very special to us. We will definitely return to this inn because of the wonderful people that run it and it's beauty and the central location to everything.

• Stayed September 2009
Rhode Island
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We just spent one night at the Commodore Inn and wish it had been more.
The family that runs it is so personable. After checking out they allowed us to stay for the day and use their facilities. The rooms are clean with a good size frig. The breakfast was good but our only disappointment was that it did not offer their signature scones. However, we were able to order some to take home with us. Yummy!!

The lovely beach is just a short walk down the road. We truly hated to leave but will return again next year!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed June 28, 2009

What makes this inn exceptional, is the wonderful family that runs it! The rooms are very nice and having the heated pool is an added attraction. Breakfast with scones made by Fiona is a real treat.
We had a clambake for 35 family members at the Commodore Inn. What fun! The food was fabulous, the service was impeccable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Townsend, Ma
Reviewed May 30, 2009

My family went to this inn on May 8, 2009 for my daughter's wedding the next day on the beach. The whole extended family and friends from both sides got rooms here. The Inn is family owned and operated and we were treated like we were family also. They were sincerely interested in the wedding plans and made sure we got extras to make our stay special. The food for breakfast was plentiful and delicious, expecially the scones. I get up early and they made sure I was able to get some early morning coffee for my solitary walk on the beach at 6am. The grounds and rooms were immaculate. I have never felt as at home at an inn before. The beach is close by and very nice - lots of shells to pick up. It is close to many attractions. It may cost more than the strip motels on rt. 28 but it is well worth the extra price. Try it out.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Seadar Inn By the Sea
Seadar Inn By the Sea
#4 of 8 in Harwich Port
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Commodore Inn Resort? Share your experiences!