“Okay in every way.”

Villa Roma
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had never eaten here but were in the neighborhood with friends and stopped in. Cute little place with nice high tops in the bar and around 10 tables in the main room. The drinks order was delivered promptly although we had to ask for water twice and she didn't hear the request for no ice. Caesar salads were very good. The house salad was very small and the blue cheese dressing was plopped on top and was probably four times more than needed for the salad size. Chicken parm was okay -- not great and not bad. The pasta was prepared perfectly. My husband had a chicken special which lacked flavor and while he salted it, it didn't seem to do much to the dish. Service was okay. We won't rush back but would probably eat there again if we were in the neighborhood and couldn't think of somewhere else to go.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great setting and ambiance. Not overpriced with friendly waitstaff and great food, We were impressed and will go back next time we are at cape cod and bring our friends too. R.T,

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My friends and I eat often at this wonderful little treaure in Harwich and the food is consistently outstanding, the staff is friendly and helpfuland the owner always has time to stop and make sure that you are enjoying your dining experience. The entrees are excellent but be sure not to miss the appetizers too; they will be a pleasurable surprise for you . I will be back frequently with my friends to dine at this little gem and cudos to the owner and the staff for a job well done. Jeffrey P

Reviewed October 27, 2012

After a long tough day at the Beach and touring many other places, we chose eating at the Villa Roma based on people we met at our B&B. My wife and I already had a cocktail prior to going out to eat so we declined having another adult beverage when asked by our waitress. We preferred ordering a soft drink or maybe ice tea. I could feel the vibes from this waitress as if we somehow became second class citizens by not ordering drinks from the bar. She politely took our order and later she just disappeared altogether. The Manager came to our table served our food and told us that our original waitress had to leave on some emergency. However, we observed her waiting on other tables serving both drinks and food. Before much time elapsed the Manager became our waiter and served us very well. The food was excellent and at a good value. My wife and I were puzzled over this and upon our completion of our meal, we spoke to the manager about our initial treatment. We gave him an extra tip and suggested he let the original waitress know that we tip generously even when we refrain from drinks. Thanks to this Restaurant Manager, we will return and recommend this place.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Villa Roma was recommended to us by our golfing playing partners, and boy oh boy were we happy about that. It was very busy considering it was Tuesday around 8PM in the off season (late Sep), so that was a good sign. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table.
We ordered Calamari as an app and it was just terrific. I've never had such well prepared calamari in my life, and I've eaten variations of it all over, including Italy, Greece and Spain. If you go there, you have to try it, it actually melted in my mouth. We were just in NYC and had it for an app at a restaurant there, and it was sooooo chewy that it was like chewing on rubber bands.
We stuck with the basics, ( we usually split meals at this stage in our lives) and had Chicken Parmesan (they charged $6 to split) but brought two very nice Caesar Salads, a bowl of soup (delicious) and a large portion of pasta (we ordered penne in garlic and oil and it was done perfectly with fresh basil and lots of thinly sliced garlic). The Chicken Parmesan was delicious, and huge - we actually brought enough home with us to be another meal.
We ordered a bottle of wine that we are very familiar with, and it was priced just over twice the retail price - this was a pleasant surprise. Earlier this year we had ordered a wine priced FOUR TIMES the retail price (but it was the least expensive wine on the menu!!)
So, the place is very popular with the locals. the food is very, very good with very large portions, and the price is very, very reasonable.
If you're looking for a very nice dinner experience in the mid-cape, I highly recommend Villa Roma.