“Awful.”

Add it.
Claddagh
Cuisines: American, Irish
Reviewed June 30, 2005

What a bad experience... Had heard good things about this place so decided to try it out. Let me first note, our experience could have been much better with a different waitor/waitress because most of these problems fall on him, however that falls on the restaurant for hiring this guy. I'll just start from the beginning.

We were greeted by a bartender who yelled across the bar to sit wherever we want. We chose a cozy corner booth with wooden seats. The atmosphere is cozy, but looks mostly outdated. The waitor then came over and asked what we'd like for drinks. I asked for a water with lemon. Then, another waitress came over and asked what we'd like to drink. We let her know we had already ordered drinks. We got our drinks, I realized there was no lemon in my water. Then, the people next to us got their drinks and a nice basket of bread (from the other waitress). We waited to see if we would get some rolls. Nothing... then we ordered. I ordered the lobster roll which was supposed to come with a side salad, garlic bread, and a choice of fries, cole slaw, or potato salad. I asked for potato salad. My boyfriend ordered a crab cake appetizer, and steak tips with mashed potatoes. We both ordered clam chowder. He brought over the clam chowder, and it was cold. We asked him to heat it up and also asked if we could then get some bread. The clam chowder came back hot, and it was pretty good. Then not even 2 minutes later while we are still eating chowder, the waitor brings my boyfriend's order, still no bread. About 5 minutes later he brings my lobster roll---with french fries, no garlic bread, and no side salad. STILL NO BREAD. We ask about the bread, he says "yes it's just in the toaster..." and brings it over about 5 minutes later. The lobster roll was horrible. It tasted more like onions than lobster. The french fries were good, and my boyfriend enjoyed the steak tips, but not the crab cake. I ate about 3 bites of the lobster roll, and couldn't take the onion taste anymore. Instead, I picked at the french fries and ate some more of my chowder.

The waitor never came over to see how things were. He brought us our bill, which we realized said Lobster roll w/ POTATO SALAD. It came to about $35 and we left absolutely no tip. The guy clearly knew we were dissatisfied, because as we were leaving he asked if everything was okay. We said "No, that was the worst service we've ever had, it was horrible". He apologized up and down and said if we ever come back ask for him and he will make sure we're happy--- like that will happen. I'm sure I left lots of the complaints we had--but there just isn't enough time in the day.

You may have a totally different experience with Claddagh--but make sure "Anthony" is not your server.

7  Thank beachbunny0829
capecodcladdagh333, Owner at Claddagh, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2008

Ownership has been returned to the original owners who have been in business for 40 years. We apologize for the "awful" experience you had while staying at the Claddagh. We would love to have you back. Please contact us @ capecodcladdagh@verizon.net
Cathy