“Would think again before booking this hotel....”

Travelodge Cape Cod Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in West Dennis
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very old and run down. There were cracks in the wooden door that you could see through, Actually the sun was shinning through in the morning. The breakfast was not too good. It was very overpriced. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jazzeba
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Cape Cod Area

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had read the veiws others had written and didnt think the travel lodge was going to be very good. How wrong we were. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable and the room was cleaned and fresh towel were put in the room each day. There was very little noise day and at night which was great as we had come up from new york. The swimming pool was clean and yes it is surrouned by the car park but so were other motels in the area that we saw when driving around.Some other motels didnt have a pool.So for us this was a bonus. The managers of the lodge were very helpfully to us as we had a problem that was not related to our stay, and the let us use their phone and tranfered calls to our room. A few of the negative comments were about the breakfast. Yes the choice was limited but it is medium priced motel so dont expect high quality. standards.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed August 4, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For what I paid, it was a good value. As noted by others, the room is small. However, for a budget chain, everything is acceptable. My room was clean and had all of the necessity amenities. The bed was OK. Like others in this category, the furniture is worn and the decor is very basic. The breakfast was sparse and the pool is in the middle of the parking lot, which does not encourage using it. However, for a comfortable place to sleep for a night if you good a good rate, this worked fine. I wouldn't stay here for a vacation or extended stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front overlook a busy road
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

It is very typical that many of the older motels along Rt. 28 near Hyannis are suffering from many years of use and some cases, abuse. In fat, I have noticed that many of the buildings in this area are looking very sad. In the case of this hotel, there is room for improvement still. Although it rained for all three days of my stay, I found my room to be very humid. When I awoke in the AM, I felt clammy. I do not think that the individual room units have been properly cared for. I looked inside of my AC unit and it looks very dark (black). When I walk into the room at any time it always smells musty to me, if fact everything smells musty, especially the office. Many people sit in their rooms with their doors open. The rooms are very small. In comparison with my most recent stay near Newport, this is like staying in a tent, sleeping on the ground. I have a great deal of experience sleeping outside on the ground in the rain and I do not chose to do it when I'm paying for the room. The hotel says that they serve breakfast. Hotel manager had to be found and requested to bring anything into the breakfast room. It is an effort to get the owners to old hotels/motels that have been passed down between companies. When my fiancé were out tonight, I asked her what she though the room was worth. Her response was about $40.00. Maybe. Again, I think that hotel here is similar to many of these hotels that continue to function, barely function. By comparison, I just booked a hotel in Tokyo for a week for less money than this hotel. If money is the only thing that matters to you, this hotel would work for you. It will never work for me again. My vacation experiences are worth more than this. I forgot about the noise. When the people upstarts shower, or walk across the floor, it sounds like they are right next to you.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

like the other reviews it is just place to sleep and shower, very small room, not enough plugs for what was available, if you wanted to use the coffee maker you had to unplug something to use it, the towels were small and very thin, not very clean, dresser drawers were dirty from previous visitors, they were cleaned after we complained, but all they did was dump the dirt outside our door, if you have a big vehicle you'll have a hard time parking it as the parking lot is small and the continental breakfast was awful, the only plus was the staff, they were very nice, but I feel they were trying to make up for the bad hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oceanside Motel
Oceanside Motel
#17 of 19 in Dennis Port
Travelodge West Yarmouth Cape Cod

Been to Travelodge Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!