“Hole in the wall, small, bad smell”

Travelodge Cape Cod Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in West Dennis
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Not a good experience. Very small room. Bed right at the entrance. There was a hole in the wall where the shower head was. There was a bad smell in the room. It didn't feel clean. I also woke up with a stiff neck. We paid $92 for the night - so not worth it. It wasn't even the cheapest of the hotels in the area. Stay at the Mariner Lodge. Room was much bigger, it was less expensive and more comfortable. It was also cleaner.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Digloo

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My girlfriend and I have reviewed hotels in the Cape Cod mid region area for quite some time as we decided on this one due to the price and location near the Bass River Kayaking service. I believe the Hotel is owned by an International couple, who were helpful with the nearby activities but did not speak the best english so it was a little difficult to understand. They did help with extra pillows as well.

We searched for a place that had the "Cape Cod" feel which it was with a nice color of paint and design on the exterior as well as the interior. The bed was comfy, the TV was decent size with alot of channels and it comes with a Fridge too! The only negative maybe there is not a lock on the Bathroom door which was not an issue in my case but may be annoying to some people or families.

The West Dennis is basically Dennis, Yarmouth and Hyannis since all the towns are so close to eachother. I definitely recommend this Motel and would probably go back there again if the opportunity arises!

Room Tip: Get the Non Smoking!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sjd615
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We had a reservation here but cancelled two weeks in advance of the stay. The woman who answered the phone seemed a bit confused about the cancellation but said it would be taken care of. I called back a couple days later with the hopes of speaking with someone else but again the same woman answered. She told me there was no reservation under our name and that we wouldn't be charged. That was not true. The credit card was charged and when I called to dispute it I ended up in a yelling battle with the owner. He told me I made up the story and started yelling at me. He ended up hanging up on me after a minute argument. Absolutely ridiculous!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2011

As the summer is back and i'm reviewing motels to stay at the Cape for this year, I am once again reminded of my HORRIBLE stay at the West Dennis Travelodge. Service was decent, however upon entering the room I immediately noticed spiderwebs in the corner and later on a few ants lingering around the room. I thought this was the worst of it until my wife came screaming to me that she had spotted some mice (outside the room). We will definitely be staying elsewhere this year. Don't recommend the Travelodge until these issues are addressed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CMaffessoli
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed here for 4 nights in October and paid the very low season rates. The room was clean, the room had good heat, the bed comfortable,and the shower good and hot. The negatives are the very thin towels, and the sink faucet was difficult to operate. It is a motel , so if your neighbors are noisy in the parking lot,you will hear them. Once they got into their rooms, noise was well muffled. With all the money I saved, we went out for a few nice dinners. I would stay here again, as long as the rates are low. I almost forgot! Free wifi!

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Computergeek60
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night when visiting Cape Cod. We stayed here because of the location and good value. The motel was centrally located and was just what we required for our night stay.

Rooms were fairly small, but were clean and had everything that we needed. Motel is fairly dated in style....but I guess you will find this at the majority of accomodations in this area. The complimentary breakfast is fairly non-existent, we decided to give this a miss, but this was not a problem given the price we paid. We would recommend this to anyone looking to stay centrally in Cape Cod and who needs a base to explore the area further.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sazkebab
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I will not go back to this hotel. Room needed paint and carpet replaced. My clothes smelled musty when I got home. I saw ants on the walls. The pool was peeling paint and concrete on the bottom. I saw two people slip on the stairs into the pool. The breakfast was awful. I know what a continental breakfast is so I wasn't exspecting much.
I don't think 84.00 a night is cheap so I did expect a little more then this.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 mi away
Beach House Inn
Beach House Inn
#3 of 3 in West Dennis

Been to Travelodge Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!