“Get the Irish Benny”

Good Friend's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in West Dennis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very warm welcome and excellent service. You get the whole waitstaff taking care of you, not just one person.

I had the Irish Benny and it was excellent! It wasn't smothered with Hollandaise sauce like most eggs benedicts I've had, and the corned beef hash was mostly corned beef, not shreds of some mystery meat with gobs of potatoes mixed in and not very salty either. The poached eggs were perfect, cooked whites with a runny yolk -- yum!! You won't find anything like it.

My mother gave me some of her pancakes and they did not stick to my ribs. Very light and flavorful, needing only a dollop of syrup.

They also offer homemade breads, but I wasn't in West Dennis long enough to make a return trip. If someone can review them, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We recently found a new favorite spot for breakfast on Cape Cod, and highly recommend this well kept secret location. They are located about one block from Route 28, and well worth a try. Though we spend our annual summer vacations in Eastham, we are regularly looking for new things to do and new places to dine when we are there in the off season. Last Fall we finally got around to Good Friends Cafe, 20 years after a recommendation. Fortunately it was still open, though with a new name and ownership.

We recently made our 4th off season trip to Cape Cod during a school vacation trip with grandkids, and made our 4th consecutive visit to Good Friends. I am often attracted to fresh homemade corned beef hash, and found theirs is a local favorite. Made with large cubes of freshly made corned beef, onions and a few chunks of potatoes, it was unique to me and went well with my eggs and toast. Another specialty is a variety of grilled bread, which we tried at home with the small loaf we took with us, and have included with our breakfasts on each of our subsequent visits. Of course their regular breakfast items have been excellent, reasonably priced and served with a smile by a personable staff led by GFC owner, Chrissy. Having now brought 2/3 of our immediate family with us, we have gotten the stamp of approval from an objective and opinionated group. Though she may well take your order, be sure to say hello to Chrissy!

1  Thank MeridenTW
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Great prices, great food, great location and great service!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2011

There are plenty of breakfast places in Dennis that serve very complicated breakfast dishes (i.e., Portuguese omelettes, at Red Cottage), but if you want simple good breakfast without waiting in line out the door, this is the place. One day a week, I want the special breakfast, that is the "meal of the day," but here is where you want to go the other six days of the week. Don't forget to upgrade to cranberry bread, much better than rye toast!

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Had breakfast here with the family one morning before we started our day. Food was good without breaking the budget. There's a lot of restaurants in the area but for a quick breakfast this did it for us.