“Alright stay for an overnight trip.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of GuestLodge

GuestLodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in West Dennis
Ma
“Alright stay for an overnight trip.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2008

We planned a last minute trip to dennis and needed to find a hotle with 2 rooms side by side, this was one of the only places with good rates that had the rooms we needed available. We reserved the room before we drove up there. Upon arrival the guy at the front desk told us he almost just sold our rooms because he could have made more money off a family who was staying for a few ngihts instead of our one night. Both rooms had an odd smell but were a pretty good size. The bad things about this motel was the smell, we found pretzels under one of our beds,the bed were not very comfortable and the blankets seemed very old, along with the other furniture. The possitives of the rooms were we were able to get side by side rooms, the mini fridge was very convenient,tehy had free cable,and it was very peaceful to sit outside at night.

• Liked — the location was good
  • Disliked — wasnt a very comfotable stay
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MaAmanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Galt's Gulch
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2008

Some of the other reviews are a bit over-enthusiastic for The Barnacle..
.The room was tired and the linens were so worn they didn't stay on the bed through the night...The room was basically clean though one of our towels had a large undecipherable spot on it...On the bright side, the A/C was efficient and quiet and the mini-fridge was a nice plus...While it's not a three star place (more like one-and-a-half), it still represents a good value. Not many other places that you can find last minute for $100 a night in high season on the Cape.

• Liked — Value for the money
  • Disliked — Rooms were run down
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnathanGalt

Travelers are raving about these West Dennis hotels

US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2008

We go to the Cape at least once a year and have stayed at many places. The Barnacle is the only place we've actually stayed at more than once. This motel is the most reasonably priced, clean motel for what it provides. The rooms are comfortable and clean, it's centrally located, the service is great. Nice place to rest your head when you are planning on spending most of your time at the beach anyway!! Not a resort but definately worth the price!!!

Stayed July 2007
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2007

I was traveling to Dennisport, MA/Cape for a week stay (Sat-Sat) at a house I rented and wanted to stay at a motel on Friday the day before my rental week started.
I wanted to stay in the same town as my rental and wanted something that was inexpensive. I did some research, narrowed my options down and came upon The Barnacle Motel in West Dennis.
I always look on trip advisor before staying somewhere, but this choice was absent.
The webpage looked good, so I decided to take my chances.
As I pulled up to the motel, I was surprised. It has 2 story cottage- like atmosphere with a nice outdoor pool. There were only 2 cars in the parking lot, so I thought perhaps I made a poor choice. Turns out, I didn’t! This place was ideal for my one night stay. My 2nd floor room was really big. The King bed was comfortable. Also, the room had a mini fridge and tv/radio. In addition it had a table, 2 chairs and a large dresser. The hotel is on the main road, and a 2 minute drive to the beach, you can walk to 3 bars/ restaurants in town Sundancers, O’Shea’s Irish pub, and a Seafood place that was packed.
If you are looking for a quick getaway, do not hesitate to stay here. It was clean and convenient! If you're looking for a place on the beach with first class service and restaurant, this motel will not fit your needs. Have a great trip!

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank callieq
Holiday Hill Motor Inn
Holiday Hill Motor Inn
#11 of 19 in Dennis Port
Colonial Village Motel & Cottages

Been to GuestLodge? Share your experiences!