“Chef Ramsay Couldn't Fix This Restaurant”
Review of The Waterfront

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Waterfront
Ranked #14 of 19 Restaurants in West Dennis
Salem, Massachusetts
“Chef Ramsay Couldn't Fix This Restaurant”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Just visited this restaurant a few days ago for dinner. The place is run by kids, it seems, with no adult supervision. Service staff is a joke, and the food is INEDIBLE! Trust me, do not go here without TUMS, TAGAMET, and IMODIUM AD. My wife and I both got the specials of the night, and the rest of the night was not so special. A woman next to us ordered London Broil and what came out was 4 pieces of what looked like wide beef jerky. Our waiter insisted he was serving us tartar sauce for our fish, when it was sour cream with horseradish in it. The dinner rolls arrived after a pleading by us, and literally had NO TASTE whatsoever. The guests who stay at the Inn are subjected to this fare on a daily basis, I guess, but you don't have to be. We have been going to the Cape for more than 30 years and this was the worst food and service we have ever experienced. If the health department came in they would shut this place down.

1 Thank runnrdad

Needham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant only”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We went to dinner with my father in law right after my mother in law passed away. This was their favorite spot and he took 7 of us there. I did not want to spoil their favorite place and did not. However, I ordered scrod and it was frozen not fresh (not cheap either) and my vegetables were out of a can. I excused myself from the table and actually spoke with the manager who admitted the fish was frozen, "sometimes it is hard to get fresh fish". Are you kidding me? She offered to take it off the bill which I refused as I did not want my father in law to know there was any issue nor ruin his memories of eating there with my mother in law. My husband and I went back the next day to speak directly to the manager and she admitted they changed the menu and again "sometimes it is hard to get fresh fish". We advised we would never be back under any circumstances and that was a pathetic excuse when you are on the water in Cape Cod. They didn't really seem to care . .. . . .I see it hasn't gotten any better. Too bad, it was a nice place many years ago !!

1 Thank Mary B