“Hiding in plain sight”

Norabella
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Northern Italian Restaurant Serving freshly prepared food in a warm and friendly environment. Nightly Specials Serving Beer and Wine Reservations Suggested-Walk ins welcome depending on availability Open Year Round 4:30 to close Tuesday through Sunday
Darien, Connecticut
“Hiding in plain sight”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Easy to drive by the small roadside place...We found out about Norabella from a local, and were glad we took her suggestion! We went early (5:30) Saturday evening without a reservation before seeing a play at the Cape Cod Playhouse, and got lucky. Norabella is very small, only 9 tables, and was booked solid until 9:30pm. As luck would have it, one of the servers had brought a small table and chairs in that day and set it up on an impromptu and private outdoor patio, and offered it to us, we were glad we took them up on it. The food and service were both exceptional. From the onion and portobello mushroom soup to the Veal Chop and the pasta, we had a wonderful meal, and felt quite welcome, including a nice chat with the Owner/chef. Cn't wait to go back, but next time we will definitely call ahead so we don't miss out!!

Visited August 2012

marlborough
“Norabella retaurant”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Delicious! I have been there four times this summer with friends and family and every dinner was excellent. The veal is outstanding, as is the Puttenesca and the Shrimp dishes. The chef seems willing to prepare almost anything, whether it is currently on the menu or not. I took a guest with Celiac and the chef prepared a special gluten-free dinner for him. I have been eating on the cape for more than 25 years. Norabella is special.

• Visited August 2012
East Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This tiny but cozy restaurant is a must for Italian food lovers. A little pricey but worth it. The red sauce was delicious. The service was top notch and the wine list extensive.

Visited September 2012
Boxford, Massachusetts
“Absolutely the Best!!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

A year ago last January was our first experience at Norabella's. We continue to go back and bring summer guests with us. We have never been disappointed nor have our guests. The food is wonderful. The salads are delicious and fresh. They are not large (good for me) and lightly dressed with a wonderful taste. I had the chicken with the zucchini and linguine so did one of our guests. Yum! My friend took one bite and said "OMG, this is incredible". Love the smoky taste of the cheese and the light sauce is delicious. The linguine had a light fresh tomato sauce which worked perfectly with the chicken portion of the meal. Other guests had chicken marsala with mashed potato and loved it.
I had to bring half of my dinner home since I wanted space for the dessert which was the chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling with whipped cream and dark chocolate ganache topping (shared with a friend).
Since there are only 8 tables and they schedule the tables for about two hours per seating you should make reservations. Hostess and waitstaff were are all very friendly and efficient. We will continue to go hear whenever we are on the Cape.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Franki0825
MO
“The best REAL Italian food on the Cape!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My kids & I visited Norabella's for the first time. It is a very small chef owned & operated restaurant located across the street from Cuffy's in W.Dennis. Not very many tables...similar to the Italian restaurants in the North End of Boston. They are only open a few days a week.

I had the BEST seafood scampi ever! Large, fresh shrimp sautéed butterfly-style, a reasonable amount of lobster chunks as well. Lots of fresh garlic & parsley and not overly drenched in the white wine sauce. Absolutely delicious! Bread was fresh & homemade and served with a garlic-infused olive oil for dipping. My kids both ordered the spaghetti and meatballs which I tried. Nice fresh marinara sauce and tasty, large homemade meatballs. So stuffed we did not get dessert.

The only reason I gave them 4-stars instead of 5 is that the waitress, although very nice to chat with, became overwhelmed once the restaurant started to fill up. She was the only server and we were not able to get her attention for a few things, including drink refills. I was parched for most of my mealas were my children. They should consider adding another waitress. Also, definitely a bit pricey. Over $60 for one adult and 2 kids. Other than these two issues, the food was excellent and we will definitely be visiting again!

• Visited July 2012