We went here looking for the lighthouse rather than an Inn!! It was quite a surprise when we realised that the Bass River lighthouse is actually an hotel/restaurant. Its history - originally intended to be a lighthouse, which by a series of circumstances grew into a hotel does indeed have a functioning light at the top of the building. Apparently recomissioned by the US Coastguard back in the 1980s it is one of a few private lights still serving its purpose today. There is a beach at the rear of the hotel & a number of cottages etc. on the land. The Inn is huge & we liked the verandah overlooking the beach & promenade very much... It is a faded glory, back in the day when vacationing at Cape Cod was reserved for well paid professionals & people of private means we could imagine what a wonderful place it must have been. We decided to have lunch, which was acceptable but very expensive for what it was. The wait staff were lovely. Having been once, we probably would not go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lighthouse Inn-A True Oceanfront Cape Cod Classic.. The historic oceanfront Lighthouse Inn is home to the only privately owned and privately operated US Coast Guard-sanctioned lighthouse. Variety of accommodations, Cape Cod-style houses with private guestrooms and bathrooms, quaint cottages or traditional hotel style guestrooms. We offer bed and breakfast rates or American plan rates, which includes breakfast and dinner. Open mid-May through Columbus Day. Special packages are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lighthouse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Hotel West Dennis
- Lighthouse Inn West Dennis, Cape Cod, MA