“Awesome stay!”
Review of Beach House Inn

Beach House Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 West Dennis B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed at this Bed and Breakfast. The family is so friendly and helpful. The view is spectacular. Fresh coffee, cereal, fresh fruit, waffles, muffins or danish everyday I can't say enough about the great service I received. Thank you Dillon family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank busymoms0

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We are a British couple who stayed here in July, it was our first visit to the Cape, and we were not disappointed.
We loved it, the owners are the nicest people you could hope to meet, we felt privileged to have stayed at their wonderful B&B, the rooms were cosy clean and had constant hot water 24 hrs a day.
Bill and Patty were fantastic hosts, Bill serving chilled fresh fruit on the beach at every opportunity, (don't know how he finds the time between being the maid, breakfast chef and handyman ) and even went as far to invite us to their family 4th July celebrations and BBQ, we had a wonderfull night.
The beach is directly outside the veranda where you can sit and eat breakfast, which is a self service affair, which suited our needs perfectly.
There are plenty of great bars and restruants around within a short drive, O`sheas which is a great Irish bar recommended by Patty, was a firm favorite of ours, good food, fab live music, and a great selection of beers.

If you are looking for a pretentious 5 star accomodation on the Cape, then this is not for you however if you want the warmest welcome you are ever likely to get, and that home from home feeling then this is for you.
Princess Elizabeth and Sir Robert

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We just returned from a stay at The Beach House in West Dennis, MA. It can best be described as location, location, location. It is right on the beach with nothing in between except about 30 feet of soft sand beach. Our room #2 had an uninterrupted view of the sea as well as a deck on which to enjoy the view of the ocean, sunrise, and sunset.

The rooms are small but there are also a shared kitchen, living room, gas grills, and a large patio. There are only seven rooms in this inn accessed by a sand road parallel to the sea. Think beach cottage; not luxurious, but very authentic.

We had been here a few times over the last dozen years, and it’s one of the few places where things stay the same – same beautiful beach and warm water, same small neighboring cottages, even the same helpful friendly managers, Bill and Patty.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Fred831
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My fiance and I take an annual trip at the end of summer to Cape Cod and normally stay at a hotel but this year, he chose a Bed and Breakfast which I was skeptical about at first. We travelled during the Hurricane that was passing by and came into severe rain and winds that were incredible. We were late from our drive in (6 hours from our home) and spoke with the owner several times. He was incredible and helped us with directions. We called him as soon as we were close and he helped us with our bags, put us in an immpecable room with our own personal balcony. It was very cozy and upon arrival around 11pm, he offered us a beer to relax from the long and treacherous trip! They had a light breakfast in the mornings in the kitchen area which was free for us to use. The breakfast was very nice with cereal, bagels, danishes, orange juice, english muffins. We woke up to the ocean every morning which was a quiet spot and not many tourists, only those who live around the area.
Location-wise we were very close to everything. Cape Cod is small in general but we were a in a perfect place to head to Yarmouth for mini-golf or to Chatham beach for a day of sunshine and sand or up to P-town for whale watching (which I highly reccommend). All in all, the service was wonderful, the owners let you do your own thing and encouraged you do make yourself at home. Which we did. From day one we felt very comfortable as if we were coming in to see an old friend. We had a wonderful time and The Beach House Inn is a wonderful place for families, couples, or solo trips.

Room Tip: Place your room requests in advance!
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kittykat8222
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We were so excited to come to Cape Cod and relax in this beautiful location. Unfortunately for us, we regretted our choice of accommodations from the moment we walked in. The place is so run down. The rooms while small (that is fine) are outdated and have no privacy. You can hear absolutely everything in the house. What we experienced is similar to what Olivia mentioned: the family in the basement (I think the owners and their kids) were EVERYWHERE! So much noise and interference. Their son was watching tv in the living room that I thought was for paying guests. So, we got stuck in our tiny little rooms. It was horrible. We wanted to leave early and go home but paid money for our vacation that we couldn't get back. So, we wondered around Cape Cod staying in the house as little as possible. I would never recommend this place to anyone. They need to update it to at least 1985, decide if this is a place for quiet escapes or wild partying by teenagers or a playground for kids. There is no way to get rest here during the day or at night. Horrible!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank chriss1993
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I believe I am to blame for your unfortunate vacation... I rented the ground floor apartment from the owners for the July 4th festivities. I knew they sometimes rented that space as I have previously rented the ENTIRE house in the winter... apartment included (which is AMAZING when you have a large extended family with children and teens).
We did enjoy ourselves... maybe too much (is that possible on the 4th?) and I apologize for ruining your vacation but the innkeepers are not to blame.
The rates, location, and amenities, and home-feel of the inn make it a perfect destination for couples and families of all ages (present guests excluded).

Sorry again olivia....!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank JPObrien1010
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Let me start by saying we knew the room would be small, and we have no complaints about the size of the room. The location of the Inn could not be better and we were very happy with the location and proximity of our room to the beach. The weather was amazing and the ocean was warm - I knew the area when making the reseravtions and knew the beach was great and the ocean was perfect for our 4 night stay.

Now for the not so fabulous aspects.... who is running the inn? Patty? She greeted us and took us on our tour - did I mention within our tour we saw a beer pong table in the basement? A basement that might I mention is not a common area or for guest us so who lived in the basement and was using this beer pong table. Well we later found out and when I say later I mean much later as it was well after dark and a youngman came to the basement entrance and then came out with an empty keg only to return later with a fresh one to replace it. The cellar was a good time or at least it sounded that way as we could hear the games of beer pong, the basement guests? and a guitar in to the early hours of the morning. Who lives in the basement? certainly not paying guests so why are they so loud and ruining others stay. A mystery for sure.

Another mystery is who are all the families staying there with kids,at first we thought one family in particular were just another set of guests, however our theory changed as we later say the dad also following Patty around doing handyman work while his with and 3 screaming boys used the beach and the accomdations at their leisure. Perhaps family of the innkeeper who came to visit so dad could do some repairs... but were they paying? I should hope so because they utilized all the guest accomodations including the Cable tv in the living area - which displayed cartoons at all hours of the day especially the early ones. Granted we stayed at a B&B noise is to be expected but lets be respectful in the early hours, others are sleeping * by early I mean before 7 we were awake every day to the sound of a screaming newborn, or children who were wondering around in the common area. Cable tv was mentioned in our confirmation, and there was cable tv in the living room but what adult is really going to ask a child to change cartoons so they can have a check of the weather or recent going ons in the news. Not me! The cable in our room was being worked on- one afternoon we were laying out at the beach and decided to pack it up and go back to our room upon going back to our room we were greeted by Patty and the handyman or was he a guest or a friend I dont know but they were both in our room without permission trying to install the cable. We told them we needed to shower and such but they were more than welcome to come back to our room later to fix the cable. We left and they never came back to fix the cable - but the man was on the deck enjoying a cigar and beer when we returned. I thought this was a smoke free facility... interesting. What is even more interesting is that the cable never got fixed, and why give your guests keys to their rooms if you as a innkeeper are just going to go in unannounced whenever you please.

As if one family was not enough another family arrived within our stay who I believe was also related to or friends of Patty... are these people paying? It was hard for us to believe what was going on ... children screaming whenever they please, using all the beach chairs and chairs in the common area. The parents smoking and often talking loudly outside at late and early hours.

This vacation was not very relaxing who wants to go to the beach, a private beach to hear others kids scream all the time and whine. I understand this is what kids do but not all the time and parents should regulate this, and if not parents perhaps Patty should have set some guidelines for quiet hours.
Would we go back - NO not until we figured out who the mystery basement kids are, and why there were so many unknown people around people I believe were not paying guests, but who made paying guest uncomfortable and often unwelcome.

Room was neat and clean for the most part, clean towels brought as we needed them, but perhaps a sweep or vaccuum would have been nice midweek- afterall if your going to let yourself in our room unannounced why not tidy up a bit while your there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends