“My favorite Chinese restaurant..the best crab rangoons I've ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Wok Inn

Wok Inn
Cuisines: Chinese
Spencer, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Very clean, great service........................................

Visited December 2011

West Brookfield, Massachusetts
“FOOD NOT UP TO PAR”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I live in this town and this is my least favorite Chinese restaurant. We try it about twice a year only because of convenience but after our last experience a month ago will resist the urge. We ordered take-out and had General Tso’s chicken which was dry and overcooked. (We’ve had this dish in the past and it’s been very good.) We also ordered chicken fingers, which were just as the other chicken was, dry and overcooked. In my opinion both chicken dishes were left over from the previous night and they just nuked it. We also ordered shrimp with pea pods and when we got it home discovered it was shrimp with Chinese vegetables. The box was ¾ full of these vegetables and about 6 pea pods. The 12 shrimp were just plopped on top, so our initial though was it’s full of shrimp. Not! Some of the shrimp had an ammonia taste I’ve never experienced before. The menu said “seasonal price” and unfortunately I did not ask the price when ordering and paid $15.75 for these 12 shrimp and a box of Chinese vegetables. For some reason they put bits of onion in their white rice now and my husband does not like onions so that was inedible for him.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank Weezi67
Warren, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,656 helpful votes
“A Delightfully Different Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We are lucky to have a restaurant like the Wok Inn within easy driving distance. For this is a delightfully different kind of Chinese Restaurant with an emphasis on a bright and cheery envioronment. This is no old-style dark restaurant with tasseled lanterns and faded silk wall hangings. The decor is modern and fresh with lots of plants and carved jade objects; and the room is light-filled with views of the gardens outside. Service from an attractive staff is excellent.

The food is interesting and beautifully plated with attractive fruit and vegetable garnish at prices that are moderate. The shrimp are large and not overcooked; the beef is tender; and the chicken and fish appealing and tasty. Appetizers are quite good. Try the Scallion Pancake or the Crab Rangoons. The meat dumplings are the best in the area.

I recommend this restaurant. The chef never disappoints me and I return again and again.